Macro water drops tutorial

Olga_pv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found very interesting tutorial. I hope it's allowed to post it here as a link (would be better to post whole tutorial of course) and I hope I am not repeating some other thread.

So here is Rich Allen's tutorial, have a look and try to repeat :)

Welcome, Bynx. I am glad if it's helpful. Anyway, my first trying of this wasn't good, I will not even post it here, but I want to try again

Thanks for sharing, a great way to waste some time during the weekend. Gotta try it.

Welcome, Drake!

Still nobody tried? :) Ok, here my first pics of macro drops, but I don't like it. Second picture was made with the computer screen as a background

drops1 by Olga_pv, on Flickr

drops by Olga_pv, on Flickr

couldn't get droplets but more of just pools?

Any advice?

Hey Olga_pv, I tried and all I got is a blurred image. I got the same camera as you : DMC-FZ40 from Panasonic. I was wondering what setting are you using with which mode? Maybe it could be helpful.
Thanks

Dalex,
maybe your problem was in focus, if you used macro AF, then you should help your camera, because automatically it likes to focus on a background, you can draw black spot on a glass, so camera can easy focus on that spot, or just use manual focus. Another thing is you shouldn't use flash but you can set higher iso, to reduce exposure time, if you don't have tripod

I strongly suggest the use of off camera flash. The idea is you want to capture a very brief moment in time. So bright light, fast shutter speed and mid size to smaller size aperture. Keep ISO as low as you can because if you go high it introduces noise into the picture. Dont even try this without a tripod.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back