Madison Rowley, World Beard and Mustache Championship Winner

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I got to photograph Madison Rowley, who won the 2014 World Beard and Mustache Championship. I really enjoyed doing this shoot, and it's probably my favorite shoot to date.
You may not edit my photos.

Natural light.
EOS 5D MKI
135mm @ f/2
1/100th sec
ISO 500
_mg_4667_by_danostergren-d8n9vkc.jpg

You've excelled yourself in this one Dan, cracking shot. The simplicity of it teally focuses your attention on the subject and it's so well lit with the midtones on the chair just peeking through gives this shot real depth.

You've excelled yourself in this one Dan, cracking shot. The simplicity of it teally focuses your attention on the subject and it's so well lit with the midtones on the chair just peeking through gives this shot real depth.
Thank you!
Handsome guy, very nice lighting. His hand positioning seems a bit awkward though.

Jim
Thanks for the feedback.

Very Nice Dan!

If you want a nitpick, the elbow is just slightly cut off. Looking closer you may have only cut off some of his arm hair. I don't think it really detracts from the image in this case :)

I like the OOF frame he's leaning into.

The light, posing and expression in this are spectacular! Thanks for sharing :)

This appears underexposed to me. The skin that should be the most brillant looks dull and gray.

Jesus, did he start growing that while in the womb?!

I like the photo, feels slightly "off" but I can't put my finger on it. If I had to guess I think it's that the hand is slightly brighter than the face so it kind of draws my attention away.

Either way better than I could do so bravo.

I like the photo, feels slightly "off" but I can't put my finger on it.
It's the WB and exposure combined.

Nah, WB and exposure are fully into the "artist interpretation" catagory for me. So those things are not I "worry" about.
So the photograph looking "slightly off" is merely the artist's interpretation? Why would he do that? Does the artist mean to imply something is "slightly off"?

I'm not even going to attempt to give any reasoning for the WB or exposure. I did edit it to get the color tones and exposure that way, could you ever forgive me?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back