TPF Noob!
Reaction score
img052.jpg

img053.jpg

img.jpg

Bender 4x5, Kodak 100T film, Tripod

I love the first one.

Is 100T E6 or C41?

Are these scans from prints or the neg/pos?

I'm just asking because there's something going on that's noticable in the skies, like light flare or something. It almost makes it look smokey.

It is C-41. I think the sky effect is due to the daylight tank developing. It is strange, as I can develop 10 negatives and have only a few with a sky like these.

img054.jpg

Here is another 'potatoe' photo that was developed with the previous ones ? These were all taken at about the same time of day.

jadin said:
Love the surreal skys. My only complaint is they look overly sharpened.
That is an interesting comment. Thses photos have not been ' sharpened '.

jadin said:
Love the surreal skys. My only complaint is they look overly sharpened.

I've noticed that scans from large format negs can look that way, particularly if they have a lot of little details like leaves or grass or other tight textures. As I was complaining about in another post, it's just impossible to make some scans from 4x5 look good at 72dpi/web friendly size. Fortunately the prints look amazing!

P.Bailey: So you are developing your own C41, awesome! What tank are you using? A Yankee Tank? Looks like a black cube with a pour hole in the top. I have one of these, and I think it sucks; they are barely light proof, and hard to handle (IMHO). I tray develop my BW. Jobo makes a tank that will hold 6 4x5 negs on a reel; I've used it before and found it to be a lot nicer than the Yankee. It handles just like any other tubular dev tank, just a little bigger.

ksmattfish said:
P.Bailey: So you are developing your own C41, awesome! What tank are you using? A Yankee Tank? Looks like a black cube with a pour hole in the top. I have one of these, and I think it sucks; they are barely light proof, and hard to handle (IMHO). I tray develop my BW. Jobo makes a tank that will hold 6 4x5 negs on a reel; I've used it before and found it to be a lot nicer than the Yankee. It handles just like any other tubular dev tank, just a little bigger.

Yes, I develop my own C-41 and B+W in the Yankee tank. I agree that it is not easy to use. The biggest problem with the Yankee tank is the cover wants to fall off and pouring the bleach fix out of it is nearly impossible. It wants to go everywhere but back in the container. It must be something to do with it's density and the tank design. I was not aware of the Jobo tank. Thanks for the info.

Wow - how'd I miss this?? :shock: I love what this camera can give you, PB. The top image is a real standout - beautiful!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back