Making a photography website for school

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by lkWinnipesaukee, May 19, 2007.

1. lkWinnipesaukee

lkWinnipesaukee TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys,

For a project for Photo class, I am making a website geared towards getting those who are not into photography, into photography.

It's going to be more of a "what can you do with your camera" type of thing. I'll provide examples of portraits, landscapes, angles, composition, et cetera.

I need to think of a layout. Would anyone have any examples of a decent, simple template?

I also need a catchy name. I wanted to have the word "bokeh" in my domain name, because it's my favorite word (dork). However, the "bokeh" names are taken. Sunny16.com is also taken, but cloudy11.com is not. I think I might get that one. Anyone have any good ideas for a catchy domain name?

Thanks so much.

2. alan927

alan927 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Use JAlbum - it has about 100 skins to choose from which allow you to get a professional-looking site up very quickly and easily. And since you won't be wasting a lot of time doing HTML you can spend your time making the photos themselves the best they can be.

And it's free!