Welp.... I'm having my first go at it and I gotta tell ya - it stinks! No... literally. It stinks! I've set off the smoke detectors once (so far) and, did I mention the smell? I have two pounds of this stuff, been at it for the better part of a half hour, my eyes are burning out from the smoke and I MIGHT have 2 cups worth of liquid. Did I mention the smell? ~~~~ Some time later (eternity, I think) I'm done. Grease spatter burns on my arms, my eyes will never be quite the same - I just know it. My dog hates me. If we had any resident bugs in the house, they've made their exit rapidly - I suppose that's a plus. I managed to get enough liquid for 4 cakes -- that's 1/2 & 1/2 suet and seed. The house stinks and I'm burning scented candles but it doesn't seem to be helping. My wife is due home for lunch. She will NOT be a happy camper... might even blow breakfast as she walks through the already-open door. She might come in through one of the open windows. Not sure. In any event, all the open portals will be handy for me to make my escape. Trust me -- 80 cents a cake is an absolute bargain for these things! Excuse me. I have to scrape the grease that is splattered all over the stove and countertop.