Male Model Urban Photoshoot?

jjphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I have been mostly doing landscape/nature photography and recently decided to dip into some people photography. I'm just doing a fun photoshoot with a male friend to see how it turns out. It would be in an urban setting (Toronto). I'm guessing simple dark clothing would be easiest to photograph.
Does anyone have any tips on how to pose a model or any other general tips for this? Thanks.

TLDR: Any general tips/poses/tricks for a photoshoot in a city environment with a male model.

There are books available on how to pose men, but I haven't read any of them.

As for the value of clothing, I'd say that if you already know what the background is going to be, then you can ask your model to dress in a contrasting value. If you're just roaming about looking for interesting backgrounds, then you should be ready for nearly anything. Perhaps ask him to bring a couple of different shirts that he can change as you go.

Yep... YouTube U has a million videos on posing... as far as your clothing choices though, be careful. Blacks and very darks (dark blue, green, etc) can be very difficult to light properly because of the dynamic range you will be dealing with. I would suggest more neutral tones to start; light t-shirts, faded blue jeans, and similar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back