Mamiya 645 trouble

Kieranjohn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
​Hi ther chaps!!​
Any of you fine gents well versed in troubleshooting?
I have a problem with a just recently purchased Mamiya 645 PRO ( recent = 4 hours ago)
The shutter won't fire unless it's in bulb or timer mode.

The battery's all fresh and there is the signal light that shows me that the camera is receiving the signal.

It worked great for me for the first 8 frames of the very first roll I put it. Then it just upped and did this on me.

Anybody got some awesome thoughts?

You DO have the dark slide REMOVED, right????

Ohh man. When I first got my RB67 I can't tell you how many times that happened to me.

I'd be like "Dammit why is this not firing?" Then I'd look around at the camera and realize I never took out the darkslide.

What a noob I am.

Dark slide was indeed removed.

The light on the trigger never goes off when that slide is in.

Although it did start this whole nonsense just a while after I tried firing it a few times with the slide still inserted. But I always removed the slide and it worked fine.

Then this happened unless shooting with the slide in there did something?

Tried a few times in Starbucks after I first had the issue.
Going to sleep on it and pick up fresh battery's again.
Maybe I got a bad batch?
Sucks as I was shooting all the fans from the States over for the Notre Dame V the Navy thing on here.
Gt about 8 shots.
:(

Thanks for all the help though guys.
Hopefully tomorrow brings luck.

Maybe Helen could help ...

oh wait. looks like she'd be excluded from answering.

If it's not working like the manual says, chances are it's broken, i.e., in need of repair.

If it's not working like the manual says, chances are it's broken, i.e., in need of repair.
Possibly... but for some reason there's something about this particular set of circumstances that sticks in my mind, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is, and I can't find my Mamiya books anywhere...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back