Manchester, NH in HDR!

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_1283_90_95.jpg

Sorry but this photo doesnt do much for me. I dont see where there would of been a big dynamic range that would of called for an HDR. Can you post your original image?

It looks like it was at dusk, so the sky should not have been blown out too much. And the lack of interesting light or cloud formations in the sky (which is what I use HDR to bring out) is not there.

Composition wise, I would of tried to get higher up so you have more of an angled down shot and not have that foreground element there. Maybe focus on a "suburbia at dusk" style shot.

Sorry but this photo doesnt do much for me. I dont see where there would of been a big dynamic range that would of called for an HDR. Can you post your original image?

It looks like it was at dusk, so the sky should not have been blown out too much. And the lack of interesting light or cloud formations in the sky (which is what I use HDR to bring out) is not there.

Composition wise, I would of tried to get higher up so you have more of an angled down shot and not have that foreground element there. Maybe focus on a "suburbia at dusk" style shot.

This shot was actually taken after the sun went down when it was dark out. There is nowhere higher to go, that is the highest cliff in Manchester. I was more or less just trying out that new program, seems to merge photos easily! I will see if I can try and get some better ones to post.

look for interesting skies with funky cloud formations, or things with alot of texture.

it looks like a normal shot to me,and under this kind of scenario,there is no need for HDR,because HDR is about getting back the details from the over-exposed or underexposed picture.This picture's dynamic range isn't the harshest,so there is not much need for HDR
Another method of using HDR is having funky cloud formations or stormy skies.But the sky is overwhelmed by blueness and the sky has no details

Apart from the HDR,there is a lack of focal point and composition,the horizon is smack right at the center

I am telling you HDR Darkroom to me doesn't hold a candle to Photomatix
and this to me does not even look like an hdr at all

It looks like it's lacking contrast to me.

Most reactions

Back