Mandatory Editing

gordon77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey ive been playing with photoshop now for about 3 months. (i have also just got lightroom which i think is awesome:mrgreen:) i think im getting the hang of how layers work and the tools i like to use most. im just interested to know if there are any things you ppl do every time you edit? for instance i always use curves and contrast as a starting point no matter what the shot is or what its for... what do you do all the time?

I edit almost all of my images. I mean film photographers had a darkroom, digital photographers have photoshop. I think of it as developing my digital images. :)

I'm a "levels"-person.
I invariably go to the levels, look at the histogramme, and decide if (mostly that) more highlights are required (and a few more shadows often enough, too). For most of the time, that simple ONE step does the whole "contrast and sharpening" trick.
Oh, and a little cropping here and there also sometimes is on my to-do list.

I always make some minor change to white balance. Mainly because I have it fixed at daylight in the camera. But generally it depends on what a picture needs.

it changes from image to image, unless i'm batch editing.

Through the wonders and glory of lightroom, that becomes easy, especially for studio work, since the lighting is usually consistent. That means I can go through 200+ images in 15 minutes. :D

haha cool yeah the workflow in lightroom is so easy - even for a beginner haha :blushing: i also to white balancing most of the time (forgot about that) i leave the camera on auto all the time.

thanks for the replys - interesting to see what other ppl do

The only thing I do (almost) every time is tweak the white balance, if it needs it. I usually just leave the white balance on auto in the camera, sometimes I use a custom white balance - but mostly I don't worry about it because it's so easy to change.

i always try to keep processing to a minimum

from time to time i like to cut color sections (leave the main focal point color while the background B&W) but that really is about the extent i go to

I like the software filter plug-ins because they are fast and combine several individual actions in Photoshop while still providing lots of control to the effect. The result can often give a dull photo a lot more punch.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back