Manfrotto tripod and head for $30

DemonAstroth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Unfortunately this summer, due to extreme economical hardship, I was forced to sell my L glass and a 50 1.4, leaving myself with only a 28-135 slow lens with IS. How spoiled one can become with good glass.

Due to this I certainly slowed down taking photographs, coupled with school being crazy this semester.

But just yesterday I picked up a Manfrotto tripod 3001 with a head (3160) for 30 bucks and I couldn't pass up on it. Can anyone recommend a ball head for it though, preferably with panning ability.

I'm quite a beginner with it but even shooting with low light I was able to get decent results.

4098051985_a6e56042d9_o.jpg

I am deciding on either picking up the 50 1.4 again or go for a 60 2.8 macro. I remember having to stop down the 50 all the time, and the 60 doesn't seem like a bad choice. I will probably pick up a 40d and stay with it for a long time, as I'm not overly interested in upgrading bodies. Also, instead of the 70-200 F/4 L IS I had, I'm going to save up for a 100-400mm IS, as I felt I always needed more reach.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it indeed!

Do you know if that head will be able to support a 100-400 and a 40d? Considering that's going to be the most I'll have weight wise in the foreseable future. Any places to pick it up from?

Thanks for the reply

Most reactions

Back