"Marooned"

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dead men tell no tales... Arrrg!

I got a local Ketchikan fisherman to pose for some art portraits. I like this one a lot.
mg_1440_by_danostergren-d6ne5ja.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Dan! I wish there'd been just a little bit more light around his head, not much, but a little. Still, a well executed image.

Well done Dan! I wish there'd been just a little bit more light around his head, not much, but a little. Still, a well executed image.
Thank you! The same thought went through my head when I shot it, but I also feel that it adds to the texture and mood.

This is cool, Well done.

Love it, although I am still trying to decide where I prefer it this way on 90 degrees to the left...

Love it, although I am still trying to decide where I prefer it this way on 90 degrees to the left...
I felt that it didn't have nearly as haunting of an effect on me when in landscape orientation.

This is great. I don't mind the light fall off over the face. Very dramatic and well executed. No CC, I just enjoyed the photo.

Thanks for the great compliments! I'm definitely open to any critique though!

I think that having his eyes open may have made it more striking. But that's just preference.

Great shot!

This is not what I expected for Marooned, this is creepy cool, love it. I might think about adjusting the contrast, to make the dark gray more black, although that make it less surreal.

Do you ever submit to juried exhibits at galleries? I know of one coming up that just came to mind seeing this.

I'd like to see it in landscape orientation, but COOL idea... I like it!

I think that having his eyes open may have made it more striking. But that's just preference.

Great shot!
I wanted his eyes closed specifically for this shot, otherwise he wouldn't have looked dead, lol. He's a fisherman, so I was poking a little fun with that subject and thought of the pirate's saying "A dead man tells no tales". Thank you for the feedback though; I do have some shots without the net that have his eyes open, but none of them were really striking enough for me to keep them.

This is not what I expected for Marooned, this is creepy cool, love it. I might think about adjusting the contrast, to make the dark gray more black, although that make it less surreal.

Do you ever submit to juried exhibits at galleries? I know of one coming up that just came to mind seeing this.
I've never submitted to a juried exhibit. How do I do that? Sometimes I submit to magazines, but for the most part everything I do is for personal enjoyment and love.

I'll send you a PM.

Most reactions

Back