maternity shoot critique

bitteraspects

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
give it to me.

1_045.jpg

I wouldn't change a thing about the technical aspects of the photo; I think it's got great comp and lighting! It's got just enough softness to be angelic rather than blurry, and I just really like it. Personally, the green bracelet (barely) takes away from the photo. I guess I just like the natural colors. I don't know if you editted it on the computer, but there's a white speck from a shine of a the very tip of a barett (sp) toward the back of the lady's head that caught my eye immediately since it's a white dot in a dark field.

Great work!

It's a nice shot and well lit. I think I would have crouched slightly to get more eye-level with them. This probably would have made it feel more intimate. When looking down on the subject, it can give the feeling of either observation or superiority.

markc said:
It's a nice shot and well lit. I think I would have crouched slightly to get more eye-level with them. This probably would have made it feel more intimate. When looking down on the subject, it can give the feeling of either observation or superiority.
i see. i never thoufght of it like that. thanks

Je-C said:
I wouldn't change a thing about the technical aspects of the photo; I think it's got great comp and lighting! It's got just enough softness to be angelic rather than blurry, and I just really like it. Personally, the green bracelet (barely) takes away from the photo. I guess I just like the natural colors. I don't know if you editted it on the computer, but there's a white speck from a shine of a the very tip of a barett (sp) toward the back of the lady's head that caught my eye immediately since it's a white dot in a dark field.

Great work!
i think its a flare off a bobby pin on her head. i didnt even notice it. i need to pay more attention to detail io guess.
thank you.

markc said:

Good point! I don't remember where I've seen it, but I've heard of several different techniques to give a sense of superiority. For instance, looking at someone's forehead rather than their eyes, or looking down at a person when disciplining someone making sure you're either on a step or podium or something. Anything that makes a person look up at you will create a sense of superiority, really. Interesting psychological crap from the source I don't remember. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back