jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey gang,

I was thinking that since JonMikal, ClarinetJWD, and I had so much fun in DC, we should do it again. Soon.

But, I was thinking that since we did DC the last time, mayhaps Baltimore, Northern Virginia, or even the Eastern Shore might be the best place for the next meetup.

What say all you?

Jo Cose,

I realize I am new to this forum and would love to join you guys on your next meetup. Baltimore would be excellent being I'm always shooting in D.C. I have been wanting to get down to the Federal Hill area of Baltimore and shoot the city from the hill as well as shoot various street scenes in the city. I'll watch this thread and keep myself posted. I am going to post a introduction of myself in a moment in the introductions area.

Cheers!

with enough notice I can make the drive down from PA. I grew up in the Laurel/Ft. Meade area and come down several times a year.

Jo,

Being it has been cold and we would most likely be walking around outside all day, how about we plan for Sunday, March 12, 2005 for Baltimore meetup. If you interested though, I would be willing to meet up prior to that on a week night in DC or even a Friday extended lunch hour to shoot in the cold if we get a nice day.

Let me know.

Scott

Scott,

cold doesn't bother me at all. If you want to go out one evening, just let me know; I can almost always make myself available.

Also, did you see the thread about the big International DC Meetup in April? It seems like it's gonna be a biggie.

But, I still think that you me and the boys can get together before then.

Alright, we can do March 12, as well as April 7-9.

But as for jocose, JonMikal and I (and kelox and mpdc or others) let's meet very soon!

--Joe

I would have loved to meet with you guys tomorrow being I have been trying to meet with almost anyone for nearly a year now but I guess you guys made last minute plans or I would have been there tomorrow. Keep me in the loop and let me know next time you guys meet. Sorry but I do have plans for tomorrow.

Scott

Being it's going to be in the 60's today and sunner in D.C, would anyone be interested in extending theiur lunch hour and meeting up for some shooting anywhere in D.C. that is accessible to metro? I work near foggy bottom but would not mind heading over to the Farraget area.

Let me know

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
Being it's going to be in the 60's today and sunner in D.C, would anyone be interested in extending theiur lunch hour and meeting up for some shooting anywhere in D.C. that is accessible to metro? I work near foggy bottom but would not mind heading over to the Farraget area.

Let me know

Scott

Sorry dude, I could maybe meet up after work (4:30 ish), but busy today.

Jo,

I can do today afterwork as well. Around 4:30 might be a great time to get some dramatic skys and sunset around D.C which I do not have much of. Any area you would like to visit perticaullar? I do not have my tripod with me today but I have my Nikon D200. I get off work at 4:00 PM. Anywere around the metro system works. Any suggestions? I assume you got you camera with you today ? I have your cell # with me, not sure if you got mine. You want me to give ya a call and work out details?

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
Jo,

I can do today afterwork as well. Around 4:30 might be a great time to get some dramatic skys and sunset around D.C which I do not have much of. Any area you would like to visit perticaullar? I do not have my tripod with me today but I have my Nikon D200. I get off work at 4:00 PM. Anywere around the metro system works. Any suggestions? I assume you got you camera with you today ? I have your cell # with me, not sure if you got mine. You want me to give ya a call and work out details?

Scott

Hmm, where to go...were ya thinking din-din as well? That would help make decisions. I have to be honest...I'm kind of sick of the Mall. How about Cleveland Park and down to the Zoo and maybe Adams Morgan? I'm trying to go for urban stuff...like I said, I'm bored with the monuments.

BUT, I do want to get the Jefferson at night (I don't have my tripod either--not that I would use it, right JM?). Hmm. That's a toughy...I don't really know. GW is good...we really didn't hit the neighborhood, but you're probably sick of that.

JonMikal, are you free?

It's funny you mention the Jefferson, I have really been wanting to shoot that at night. I took an amazing shot of it a while ago and sold the print along with full rights so I no longer have it at all. If we hit the Jefferson, we could also do Arlington Memorial Bridge at night. What do you think of that plan. I'll probably head home for din din. Maybe make tonight a quicker one. I'll shoot until dark, then head to the metro and go home. With out my flash unit, and tripod, night shots would not work out very well and I do not have a fast lens with me tonight either, I have a zoom more suited for day time shots.

Scott

jocose said:
Hmm, where to go...were ya thinking din-din as well? That would help make decisions. I have to be honest...I'm kind of sick of the Mall. How about Cleveland Park and down to the Zoo and maybe Adams Morgan? I'm trying to go for urban stuff...like I said, I'm bored with the monuments.

BUT, I do want to get the Jefferson at night (I don't have my tripod either--not that I would use it, right JM?). Hmm. That's a toughy...I don't really know. GW is good...we really didn't hit the neighborhood, but you're probably sick of that.

JonMikal, are you free?

tripod? what tripod? i didnt noticed anyone with a tripod! cause if they HAD a tripod, they would have USED a tripod. i had to shoot the building in my set of pics in Georgetown without a tripod (didn't want to bother anyone for theirs)....handheld baaaaabyyyyyy!!!!!! who needs a tripod anyway? :lmao: we just carry equipment for strengthening our backs. kinda like Ken with his back of bricks :mrgreen:

sorry, not today. besides, i don't feel comfortable hanging out with guys who call suppah, din din :lmao:

LOL on the din din. Next time I'll be sure to call it "GRUB" like thoes worms that eat away at your sod. Jo, it looks like it you and me Jo. I gotget where you work but if Jefferson work for you, we could meet up around that area. I am hoping for some color in the sky tonight. If we can get someone to stand really still, we can put our rigs on their head and we will not have any use for a tripod.

P.S. I hear ya on lugging around crap to make our backs stronger.

Scott

Most reactions

New Topics

Back