memory capcity

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, i was just wandering how may 'RAW' photos, roughly id get on a 64mb card? ino its a small card but i dont get paid for a while and need to make the cash last :/

also, what is the difference between a memory card and a compact flash card? thanks guys :thumbsup:

It depends on the size of the files. You could fit a lot more RAW files from a 3.0 MP camera on the card than you could from a 6.3 MP camera. My guess would be 10 RAW files from your D Rebel.

If memory space is at a premium, you might want to shoot in JPEG mode rather than RAW.

Compact flash is a type of memory card.

yeh, maybe i could shoot jpeg until next month. how much are the 512Mb cards? how many roughly would i get on that? (with my D rebel)

It's pretty easy to figure out...how big are you files out of the camera? Now divide the memory card capacity by your average file size. That's how many pics the card will hold.

You should be able to find memory card prices very easily on-line.

im not sure how big my files are coz i havnt used my camera yet as i dont have memory card. im dying to use it so im goin to buy one tomorow.

you dont need to figure anything. just point the camera out the window, release the shutter 'till the card is full. count the images. much more reliable method then asking strangers for their various opinions.

but i dont have a card yet and i dnt think i can use the camera till i get one, and i was jsut wandering if a 64Mb would be sufficient. i wanted to shoot mostly in RAW but it sounds like i wont get much on it.

64MB is way to small- using a 4mp camera i can only fit 15 raw files on a 128MB card. 6.3mp would be something like 10- divide that by 2 for the size of the card and you have space for roughly 5 CCD RAW shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back