Merging Reflection

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Emerald Lake, Rocky Mountain National Park.

emerald2.jpg

That is a really cool image. However, I think it's way too busy. It's really hard to tell what you are looking at so my eyes don't want to look at the picture because they don't know what to focus on.

hobbes28 said:
That is a really cool image. However, I think it's way too busy. It's really hard to tell what you are looking at so my eyes don't want to look at the picture because they don't know what to focus on.

I thinks cool too but I have no idea what I'm looking at. :shaking:

:) This is a reflection of a southeast facing wall of mountains into the northeastern corner of a high alpine lake. I had my camera process this on the sharpest setting to promote the greatest detail in the rocks under the water. What THAT really had the most effect on was the delineation between the "top" of the mountain and the water....esp. in the upper left of the image.

looks as if it was edited :) cropped and pasted you know :)

Looks so PSed, Even though it's quite amazing to get a photo like that, you gota convince human eyes that it's for real. It makes me want to study the physics level of that reflection. Nice capture.

Strange image. Not bad, per se, once you get an explanation. But the upper left corner looks too superimposed, and I find it distracting. I'm sure it was a beautiful scene when you were standing in front of it. It would be nice to have an element in there that pulled it all together.

hobbes28 said:

thats what i find good about the picture. its different and it makes u look longer because your eyes don't know what to focus on. mint.

What can I say? If you knew me, you'd know I wouldn't PS something together and deceive someone. I'd only be deceiving myself too. Also if you knew me, you'd know that I don't care for images that look like they are heavily tweaked or altered.

First of all, I don't have Photoshop. I can't afford it. I have other free software programs that enhance....I do use those on occasion but only to compliment the original image on a typically low level.

Secondly, I'm not sure I would even know HOW to manipulate an image in this way.

I assure you.....this is a real image. Anyone who knows the area (and a lot of people visit the Park) would know this wall and this lake. I invite all of you to visit if you can. It's a magical place, and this is just a taste of the kind of scenic palettes at your disposal.

Glad everyone sounds so intrigued! That's kinda why I took the photo in the first place.....and why I posted it here. 8)

Most reactions

Back