Michael G.

If I try to sharpen a soft photo, it still looks soft in the end.
What technique do you use? I use a technique in photoshop that can usually make a soft photo look pretty crisp, and it's easy.

What technique do you use? I use a technique in photoshop that can usually make a soft photo look pretty crisp, and it's easy.

Convert to lab mode, and then unsharp mask on the lightness layer, before converting back to RGB.

Convert to lab mode, and then unsharp mask on the lightness layer, before converting back to RGB.
I've been having some problems with my photos' sharpness as well (I actually created a separate thread for this problem of mine), and I want to know more about this. Is there any photoshop tutorial that can lead me to this technique? Is there a name for it that perhaps I can google?

Excellent shots. That staircase is killer and worthy of further ways to use it.

Dave

I've been having some problems with my photos' sharpness as well (I actually created a separate thread for this problem of mine), and I want to know more about this. Is there any photoshop tutorial that can lead me to this technique? Is there a name for it that perhaps I can google?

Well... I mean... I'm starting with photos that are already sharp out of camera, so if you're having issues with sharpness before you even get to photoshop, that's something entirely separate.

HOWEVER... as far as the name of this technique... I have no idea. Ha. But it's literally what I just said: Convert to lab mode, select the lightness layer and run unsharp mask, and covert back to RGB when you're done. :)

Excellent shots. That staircase is killer and worthy of further ways to use it.

Dave

Thank you :) -- Unfortunately those stairs are on an abandoned private lot, so I probably won't be back to visit too often. We suspect a homeless person... who is possibly shooting up quite frequently... lives there. Haha.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back