Migrant Mother

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the rate we're going, you'll be able to take more pictures like that here in a few months...

Definitely only a bit of insight and not that interesting. CNN is the mind killer as far as media goes. If you are interested dig deep. There is oceans of articles written on the controversy of this image.

Love & Bass

Actually, I have read many articles "about the Migrant Mother", the photographer, the time, who it impacted U.S. politics, and how it helped rally efforts to improve conditions.

Never had I ever seen an article that featured the photo from the viewpoint of one of the two children IN the photo. My interest in the article lies with the differences between "talking about a photo" and essentially "talking with a photo". For me the first hand account of the Great Depression and the migrant families from the viewpoint of a Child's eyes complete's the story of the migrant mother.

The thing that I like most about the FSA photographers is that no matter what situation or condition the subjects were in their dignity and humanity was always allowed to shine through.
That's one of the main reasons the pictures are so powerful and timeless.

Amazing work by the FSA for sure. The photos are the property of the Library of Congress. This allows anyone to get prints from the original negs for a large printing fee. When I lived in Jackson, WY our local Center For the Arts funded an FSA show. Good times.

Love & Bass

I think that's really cool. I bet that's got to be really strange to grow up with that kind of photo available for the world to see.

Most reactions

Back