Military Base built in 1824 and a couple other pictures. Comments.

NEPats37

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently went to Fort Adams military base in Newport, Rhode Island. It was built in 1824. I have included some pictures below as well as some other random shots. Comments welcome.
Thanks

Side of building

f_fort2m_29f4bf0.jpg

Side of building

f_fortm_b243da7.jpg

Old cannons

f_cannonm_8e6337a.jpg

View from behind fort

f_bridge1m_23efbe3.jpg

Froze liquid with quick flash.

f_freezem_c8992b4.jpg

Multiple exposure. Side view and front view.

f_multim_3c12f32.jpg

bump....looking for some suggestions and opinions

Hi, one time I post some images and no one respond after like 60 views so it just happen. I didn't think the picture all that intersting until I turn up the contrast and brightness on my computer =) It look really dark and not that interesting before so maybe that why?? That's say, the sky in the first one is blow out. The second one look okay once I adjust the monitor. The third one, I didn't know those were canon until I read your thing, I would make it more obvious in the pictures. I thought those were old pipes, woops. In the fourth picture, I think the bridge is too in the middle, I would crop out most of the sky to make the bridge be on the top third of the picture. Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching, it just my way of seeing thing. Hope this help.

1824!?!?!?! That's a long time ago! As far as the pictures, this would be one of a very few times that you will ever hear me say step back. I say that is I'm really curious about what this place looks like, but here there is just a few pictures of rather close shots of the walls and canons. Some of them have serious grain/noise going on especially #4 with the bridge. What kind of camera are you using?

1824!?!?!?! That's a long time ago! As far as the pictures, this would be one of a very few times that you will ever hear me say step back. I say that is I'm really curious about what this place looks like, but here there is just a few pictures of rather close shots of the walls and canons. Some of them have serious grain/noise going on especially #4 with the bridge. What kind of camera are you using?

i agree completely with stepping back. here's the problem, the place is huge and if I went to far back to get it all in i'd be in the ocean. the grain is not from my camera its from my scanner, I almost hate using it to show my pictures. the bridge looked good before i scanned it. my camera was a canon a1.

I really like the shadows on the glass with the drink sloshing out. I also like the detail in the wall on the second shot. Great job. =)

i agree completely with stepping back. here's the problem, the place is huge and if I went to far back to get it all in i'd be in the ocean. the grain is not from my camera its from my scanner, I almost hate using it to show my pictures. the bridge looked good before i scanned it. my camera was a canon a1.

I hate scanner grain/noise!!!!!! I used to have to scan all of my pictures (before I got an older DSLR). I would say try noise ninja on those but I'm not even sure if noise ninja can fix some of those :(. It's to bad because I really like #4 if it weren't for the noise.

I hate scanner grain/noise!!!!!! I used to have to scan all of my pictures (before I got an older DSLR). I would say try noise ninja on those but I'm not even sure if noise ninja can fix some of those :(. It's to bad because I really like #4 if it weren't for the noise.

#4 really does look great on the original print. im gonna try to fix it up a bit later on. ill repost it if it looks better.

how is this. i sharpened it up a bit....looks a little better

f_bridge1m_2097fbd.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back