Ming Thein's/Thom Hogan on mirrorless

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Cameras' started by Solarflare, Nov 6, 2015.

1. cgw

cgw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can't get too riled by what two much-followed blogsters say about widely-reviewed gear. Like where's the news?
    Got to play around with a borrowed A6000 and an F mount adapter mated up with my 45/2.8Ai-P. Loved it for a morning of street shooting. Good image quality and simple operation after a few minutes of inane mistakes setting it up. Will probably snag one once prices droop a bit after Sony.ca's April 1 price hikes and dust collects on current inventory. There's not a huge amount of gas in the battery tank but since I often shoot with film-like restraint,it wasn't a problem. The lender said that full-throttle fps shooting, frequent flash use and chimpaholic review will drain it quick.

Mirrorless is just another club in the bag. Anyone familiar with Nikon film bodies knows the differences between an F5 and a FE with a 35 or 50mm. For a few hours of casual, walk-around, f-off shooting, I'd take an A6000 over even a D7XXX +grip, much less a bulkier FX rig.

2. speedliner

speedliner TPF Noob!

Mirrorless will definitely replace DSLRs soon. The simpler mechanism, IBIS, size just make sense. Still some development to go but look at the X-T2 and E-M1,mk2. Performance approaching pro grade cameras at fraction of size and cost.

The next Sony A7Riii may surpass all but the two flagship DSLRs.

Soon enough cabin and Nikon will release their own mirrorless versions that will use legacy lenses with adapters and out the fringe mirrorless folks out of business.

The tech is almost there and adoption by the majors along with compatibility with legacy lessons will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Piccell

Piccell TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

They already did, but were subsequently replaced by smartphones with killer photo apps.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I went mirrorless in the studio yesterday... Mirror up (D7200), now I know I have upgraded from the D3300.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Solarflare

Solarflare No longer a newbie, moving up!

I really dont like these mirrorless fanatics that spell doom and gloom about DSLRs because they violate their faith.

I want a good camera system ... if its DSLR or mirrorless, whatever, the total package counts.

I'm really happy that became reality - or will soon, since Hasselblad had three delays and still not given out anything, while Fuji wont give out anything until next year anyway.

I think the Fuji G system beats the Hasselblad offer though.