Minolta confusion

Ohio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I just inherited a Minolta x-370, plus a vivitar MC zoom lens with a minimum of 1.5 feet, a vivitar auto wide-angle lens with a focus minimum of 1 foot and two minolta standard lenses (if there is such thing as standard). I'm looking to buy a nikkon f2 slr, but I don't have the money, so I am wondering how much my current camera equipment is worth.

And therin lies my question. If I were to sell my used Minolta, and the lenses how much money would I be able to get?

Thank you,

-Tobias

Go to www.keh.com and click on the "sell my stuff" link. You can input your stuff in there and they will give you a good estimate price. You can either sell it to them or use that price as a start.

Why would you want to sell your Minolta with lenses to switch to Nikon, by the way?

Well, the reason I wanna sell is beacause my visual arts/photography teachers tell me that it's one of the best slr cameras out there (Nikkon f2).

Personally I have only been working with Lomo and Olympus XA2.

I use Nikon so when I say this, don't take it as I don't like their cameras. People like to tell you that one camera is better than another because of x,y or z but a good part of the time, they are telling you their personal preference. If you like your Minolta and you shoot well with it, I'd say keep it and they can keep telling you that the F2 is the best out there. You already have Minolta lenses so that is one good reason to keep the camera. You would be hard pressed to be able to replace your lenses and get an F2 for the same cost of what you already have. Think about it a little more before you sell what you have to get what they want...

I have an X300 (= 370 but in the UK), an X300s, a Nikkormat FTN, and a Nikon F301.

They are all terrific cameras, giving fantastic results.

But the two nikons are both very damaged but still working perfectly, and I have 2 lenses: a 50 mm F1.8 that has been dropped and is dented, and a 35-105 mm zoom with a maximum aperture of f3.5.

The above 4 items cost me 187 pounds, and as I say, 3 of the 4 are very damaged.

Together with the 2 minoltas, I have about 8 lenses, and they came with 2 camera bags. I have 24, 28, 55, 58, 135mm prime lenses, 100-200, 28-85, 75-300 mm zoom lenses. The ebay purchases also included 4 flashguns and a Weston Lightmeter.

All of the Minolta stuff is in near mint condition, and the whole lot cost about 200 pounds.

And the main point is that I prefer the Minoltas - the results are fantastic, the cameras are lighter yet still well made, the outfit is far more versatile, and if I blunder and drop a camera I can replace the body for about 25 pounds and the lens for about 20.

I think my opinion is pretty obvious, don't you?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back