Minolta user.. and new to photography

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Minolta3xiNewbie, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Minolta3xiNewbie

Minolta3xiNewbie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi =o) I just got a Minolta 3xi maxxum 35mm film camera, I have ran my first roll of film (well 4 rolls) and loving it! it came with a AF 35-80 power zoom 0.5m/1.6ft made by minolta that's a 49mm lens it also came with 4 filters : Haze UV 1, circular polarizer, red #25, deep yellow 15. and just got a minolta AF Macro 50mm 1:2.8 (32). from what I have been reading the red and yellow are for B/W photos (but don't know what they do for the picture) I understand the UV... and am playing around with the polarizer ..I like it... could someone let me know if what I is good or junk.. I like film.. and going to wait for awhile before I go digi. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Dwig

Dwig TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Schneider gives some simple descriptions and explanations of the effects and use of various filters in their filter handbook. This page has links to the complete handbook iand to smaller files covering each individual section, all in PDF form:

https://www.schneideroptics.com/info/handbook/

The section on black & white will answer your questions about the filters.