MINOLTA X-700 Troubleshoot

Guys are right, camera is cocked, that's why the lever doesn't go any further. Camera can't fire: or capacitor is no good any more (maybe not used for long time and dried out - thanks Minolta for using cheap electronics) or is not getting any current for other reasons (?). Minoltas series X are basically the same cameras with different "extras". Here is a video, how to fix bad capacitor problem:

The only thing I noticed lately with all my Minoltas, the light seals are failing. In all 7 bodies I own, X series and SR-T series. So far black electrical tape is the (a bit clumsy ) solution. LOL

Thanks every one for the good responding I really appreciate all of you, you gave me so much ideas about the technical (electronic) issues about the X-700 that they are commun so thanks again.

The only thing I noticed lately with all my Minoltas, the light seals are failing. In all 7 bodies I own, X series and SR-T series. So far black electrical tape is the (a bit clumsy ) solution. LOL

Hoping you know that's a really easy DIY fix?. Usually the seal at the film door hinge is all that needs some love--and replacement.

Hoping you know that's a really easy DIY fix?. Usually the seal at the film door hinge is all that needs some love--and replacement.
:blush: Actually all of them are leaking from the top and bottom of the door. Lust old age... LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back