TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C & C pl0x. kthxbye.

4793427373_698f3ed7c7_b.jpg

4793435405_46c726f3e0_b.jpg

4793441737_861ea149c8_b.jpg

Bit of a newbie question here, but how do you get the car sharp, and the background blurred?

And also, this isnt really relevant to these photos, but if you had a subject (a person) and you had a 30 second shutter speed, how do you keep the person sharp, and background blurred by the shutter speed? Does the person have to stay completely still? (I doubt it)

But I think the 1st one is the best, 2nd one doesnt do much for me, and I dont particulary like the angle of the 3rd one

1 I like this one the most, because of the direction created by the dust.
2. Meh. Dust all over the place.
3. It's okay. Don't really like the banged up car. Angle is steeper than the other two.

Did you actually pan, or did you put a motion blur filter on everything but the car? Because if that is a pan, you did an amazing job!

Looking at his blog I think he did pan and not use photoshop. but unless he always uses motion blur?

1st one is my favourite try it not B&W? Or maybe just the car focused (what is it btw, i kinda wanna say 240sx...)

Did you actually pan, or did you put a motion blur filter on everything but the car? Because if that is a pan, you did an amazing job!

I panned on all of these. If you check my Flikr, you can see the EXIF data. :thumbup:

And they're banged up because they're drift cars. They're thrown around like a rag doll, therefore there's gonna be some damage. A lot of guys run without their front bumpers so that if they run off-track, rocks and hills don't crack or ruin it. Aero is expensive. :lol:

Bit of a newbie question here, but how do you get the car sharp, and the background blurred?

And also, this isnt really relevant to these photos, but if you had a subject (a person) and you had a 30 second shutter speed, how do you keep the person sharp, and background blurred by the shutter speed? Does the person have to stay completely still? (I doubt it)

1. You use a technique called "panning"; moving your body (hips, torso, arms, shoulders, head, camera) at the same speed as the subject that is in motion. The subject will be caught frozen by the camera, while all the stationary objects (background) will be blurred from your motion.

2. I can think of two ways to do that...The easiest way would be to take one clean, sharp photo of the person with a faster shutter speed, then take one of the background from the EXACT same position without the person. Then you can take both files into Photoshop and bring them together.

You could also pan with the person if they were moving, but if the person is stationary, the PS method is the best.

Sick sick pictures man. I'd like to see them in color myself but the B&W is cool too. Makes me wish my Prelude was RWD :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back