Model Session - Sandy Meerstein - Berlin Studio

I

Iron Flatline

Hi all.

Been shooting the same models every week as I try and work out certain lighting styles.

4330311641_7520991fc0_o.jpg

4330311913_e0f6408d74_o.jpg

hmm. its an interesting style with a cool set of poses. i think these shots would be better suited with a black scarf. All the other colors are kind of muted and contrasty, yet the scarf is bright red with green and blue and orange. It distracts me a lot, and i'm not so much a fan.

The first shot is awesome if the scarf is just a different color and you get her hand in the frame.

I'm going to try that! That set up pronounces cheek bones with shadows! Awesome!

I'm relatively unhappy with the results of the session, the poses and wardrobe didn't really work. We got one or two good shots, but not the way I had pre-visualized the shoot.

I love the scarf though, and the processing worked. I wanted that 300 look that was so popular two years ago, and that's why I shot with that scarf. Nude and muscular would have been best, but she is not the right model for that look.

I'm relatively unhappy with the results of the session, the poses and wardrobe didn't really work. We got one or two good shots, but not the way I had pre-visualized the shoot.

I love the scarf though, and the processing worked. I wanted that 300 look that was so popular two years ago, and that's why I shot with that scarf. Nude and muscular would have been best, but she is not the right model for that look.

no offense, i know what you mean exactly by the three hundred look, unfortunately im not seeing it here enough, she needs white cloth, and less harsh light off to her right...also you need more background depth... either way its still a good photo, but for the 300 look you were a bit off...

I cut off the hand in one of my other pictures too, and I was told by the members on here that was a no-no. I'm not sure if this same applies here or not since its in a studio, but that's the first thing I noticed is that her hand is cut off in the first shot. I like the scarf, actually, I like a how a bold color draws my attention...

I cut off the hand in one of my other pictures too, and I was told by the members on here that was a no-no. I'm not sure if this same applies here or not since its in a studio, but that's the first thing I noticed is that her hand is cut off in the first shot. I like the scarf, actually, I like a how a bold color draws my attention...
Yeah, there's all kinds of rules!! people will tell you about... I'd love to have had the hand in the frame, but it doesn't kill the image, just maim it. I need to shoot wider to leave cropping room, I never do that, so these are the frames out of the camera.

Yeah, there's all kinds of rules!! people will tell you about... I'd love to have had the hand in the frame, but it doesn't kill the image, just maim it. I need to shoot wider to leave cropping room, I never do that, so these are the frames out of the camera.

lol... love those "rules!!" No, I don't think it kills the image either... i just noticed and was like "Iron Flatline did it too!! If he's allowed to I can too!" lol... i do the same thing, I try and frame the image so tight in the camera vs. cropping it in pp... i'm trying to train myself not to, but I feel like I waste pixels when I do that... grrr... stupid rules!!! lol

I like your pp results, it looks great!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back