Model Session.

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all. Still doing pics for www.snorgtees.com Here are some pics from my last session... feedback is always appreciated!

2339082617_02c7b2daf1.jpg

2339082475_ca0304e900.jpg

2339916278_3f0a31b920.jpg

DSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

And this might be the cutest outtake I've ever had! LOL:
DSC_0311.JPG

Wow - love #3! I don't really have anything to critique on any of these, I think they are all great. I love all the varied expressions your model gave you. My only nitpick would be that if they are for a t-shirt site - its not super easy to read what they say, but I was still able to make them out.

Great work!

hey - can we get some technical info on your session?

hey - can we get some technical info on your session?

Sure I used a Nikon D50 with a 50mm 1.8 lens, and a SB800 flash - although I don't think that many of these photos I had to use, except maybe the last one.

I shot in Aperature Priority, and mostly at f1.8

Here are some more details on one of the shots:

Picture 1:
Exposure: 1/3200 sec
f: 1.8

Anything else?

I loved that lens when I use to shoot Nikon. Pictures look sharp. Good Job.

#4 Looks like it needs more contrast.

6 is my fav, tack sharp, funny expression.

Good shots and very cute model.

These are for a t-shirt company? As they are, they feel like they are much more about the model thant the shirts. I had to look fairly hard to read most of the shirts and most of them are slightly wavy which makes them harder to read.
If they are about the t-shirts...I'd want to get in closer and practically fill the frame with the shirt.

Also, an old tip that I read about advertising photos. If you are selling the clothes or jewelry etc. the model should be looking out of the frame (not at the viewer). When the model is looking at the viewer/camera...that engages the viewer's eye and takes attention away from the product.
When the photo is about the model, then you want them to make eye contact.

When the model is looking at the viewer/camera...that engages the viewer's eye and takes attention away from the product.

Hey Mike that makes sense. These tips are just great, and why I enjoy this forum.

Good shots and very cute model.

These are for a t-shirt company? As they are, they feel like they are much more about the model thant the shirts. I had to look fairly hard to read most of the shirts and most of them are slightly wavy which makes them harder to read.
If they are about the t-shirts...I'd want to get in closer and practically fill the frame with the shirt.

Also, an old tip that I read about advertising photos. If you are selling the clothes or jewelry etc. the model should be looking out of the frame (not at the viewer). When the model is looking at the viewer/camera...that engages the viewer's eye and takes attention away from the product.

Yes I understand about the "engaged looking out of the frame" trick, and use it quite frequently. The pictures above were really shots for "us" that we took during the photo session. If you look on the company's website, www.snorgtees.com you'll see they like a lot of casual shots, and I always provide them a variety of poses to choose from, including ones where the model is engaged in an activity, usually laughing or talking, and looking out of the frame. Those usually make the best pics, but ultimately the decision is NOT mine.

Here are a few "engaged and looking out of the frame" pics I took (some of these aren't as "final" as the above ones, probably need a second round of editing):

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

I thought these turned out great. Great advice with the model looking out of the frame for product shots. Teh last three you posted "sell" the shirts much better then your first ones. Nice job!

I took a look at the photos on the site; I couldn't read many of the T-shirts either. This is okay since they give you what the shirt says, you could use either for what they need.

Very nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back