"modeling" c&c

I think you're coming right along. The lighting isn't my style, it's a little too flat, but there's nothing wrong with your approach, it's just a difference in tastes.

The posing, as mention, is unflattering as is her dress. It makes her look frumpy and I can tell she's not. She's a gorgeous girl, so get her into something more flattering! :)

Keep trying differing light positioning and ratios, check the results, and try something else. Eventually you'll find the best combo.

If you have a full length mirror, have it setup where she can see what she's doing. This can help some models to nail their poses if you're not giving them solid direction (the hardest part of working with models and which takes the most practice IMHO).

If doing modeling work is something you're interested in, get yourself setup on Model Mayhem. There's a link in my signature line. Assuming your GF doesn't have a problem with you running around with other pretty young ladies, you will grow very quickly as a photographer in that field once you start working with some different models. It helped my photography considerably.

Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back