Money and Style

eravedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the studio. Comments are welcome.
DSC01592_Edit.jpg

I think you could do with a reflector or a fill light to brighten up his facial shadows.
Also with the pose... he's looking at the camera, but offering the money off to the side. I think he should be looking where he's handing the money or visa versa.

Other than that, not bad :)

Thanks. It was my first time in my home studio and I had a lot of fun. I was actually thinking during the shoot how I needed one but I didnt have time to make a cardboard one when we were doing the shoot. I could agree with you about where he is passing the money but its more like he is passing the money to someone and glancing at the camera as if he is afraid someone is watching. I should be getting another light soon too and I just got a light meter so things should get better from here.

I think there's something wrong with the perspective too. I like the way you emphasise the money with the wide field of view, but your perspective is very high and somewhat looking down. To me that almost makes it think as though I am the one with the power, and not the subject.

the framing seems a little off or unbalanced to me. and i think the shadow is a bit odd and detracts from the over all image.

i'm curious as to why you needed a light meter. is the sony's meter not terribly accurate or do you just not like moving the camera to check?

i don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but seriously.

the framing seems a little off or unbalanced to me. and i think the shadow is a bit odd and detracts from the over all image.

i'm curious as to why you needed a light meter. is the sony's meter not terribly accurate or do you just not like moving the camera to check?

i don't mean that in a sarcastic way, but seriously.

No I just want to be more precise. My other shots I didnt expose the backdrop right and some of the spots were comming up weird. If i had a light meter I also could have metered his face and maybe gotten it to expose better

I think there's something wrong with the perspective too. I like the way you emphasise the money with the wide field of view, but your perspective is very high and somewhat looking down. To me that almost makes it think as though I am the one with the power, and not the subject.

He was sitting.

I did the perspective how I wanted to do it not how you guys would have done it. He is relaxed with a lot of cash and at the same time its harsh because i was trying to make him look like a bad ass. Yes usually a higher perspective is domination over your subject but I didnt feel this through the image to me it was just another angle.

i like this version more than the color one you showed me, i think it adds to the mood. i agree with what people are saying here, but i think it looks good!

everyone is trying to find a meaning in this photo. Thanks for the comments on how the face was a bit dark and such but the perspective was how I wanted to convey the picture and just my style.

I think you could do with a reflector or a fill light to brighten up his facial shadows.
Also with the pose... he's looking at the camera, but offering the money off to the side. I think he should be looking where he's handing the money or visa versa.

Other than that, not bad :)

Just ordered a umbrella and a 32" reflector.

Apologies. I should have worded it differently. Naturally the perspective is not wrong, I just found it kind of contradicted the dark face and bad-ass attitude of the subject.

i'm still not getting this light meter thing ( i don't have one and have only used one once)

but with my cam i can accuratly meter a face from pretty far away, meter the backdrop and all and decide proper exposure.

and since its digital if its a tad off i can see it and correct for it, so really i only see it as neccessary for roughing in lights or when shooting with multiple cameras so you don't have to worry about meter differences. or if your shooting film and aren't comfortable with the meter built in.

I've always kind of wondered why you would need a meter when shooting digital as well since you can see if it's way too dark or light.....
Thanks for the examples of when you might need one Mike.
But, what does "roughing in lights" mean?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back