Money

Brienicole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay you can all see what i was trying for.. but i just cant quite get it right.. its the focus..i cant seem to get the focus right for the text the same time for the money.. is it the angle?
CSC_0031.jpg

Whats your f stop at? Squeeze it down as far as you can and see if that does it.

I can never seem to get good close-up shots of money with my camera, it just seems to blow it's brains! haha
I do like what you've done there, sorry I can't really help focus wise seeing as I'm a bit of a beginner myself >.<

The problem is shallow depth of field. You need to stop the lens down further. That will bring more of the depth of the image into acceptable focus. If this is a flash shot just stop the lens down. If it is continuous lighting then get a camera support so you can use longer shutter speeds to compensate for the smaller aperture.

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D40
Image Date: 2007:01:05 22:31:34
Flash Used: Yes (Manual, return light detected)
Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure Time: 11.500 s
Aperture: f/16.0
ISO equiv: 800
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

I don't know if your lens goes any smaller than f16 but, if not, you've just not got enough depth of field to do what you want.

I can never seem to get good close-up shots of money with my camera, it just seems to blow it's brains! haha
I do like what you've done there, sorry I can't really help focus wise seeing as I'm a bit of a beginner myself >.<

I thought it is illegal anyway to take photos of pound notes ;)

it was a 5p xD
we don't have 1 pound notes here, £5 is the least you can get it note form, anyhow I have no idea wether its legal or not =P

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D40
Image Date: 2007:01:05 22:31:34
Flash Used: Yes (Manual, return light detected)
Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure Time: 11.500 s
Aperture: f/16.0
ISO equiv: 800
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

I don't know if your lens goes any smaller than f16 but, if not, you've just not got enough depth of field to do what you want.

For the OP, there are other ways to increase depth of field. Besides aperture you can adjust subject distance and lens focal length. If you used a long focal length, you can get closer with a shorter lens and improve depth of field. Or you can back away from the subject and crop the image. Your lens probably has f22 so that will help some.

For The Traveler, how did you get the camera data from the JPEG posted?

the traveler- yeah now tell me how you got that info so in the future I can get it myself!!

Im going to see about the f stop and try again! and it is already cropped.. ill try again tonight!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back