Moon in daylight

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On a walk by my in-laws, thought it was kind of cool.

DSC_0022.jpg

Hey,
Such a beautiful shot, with alot of potential to be spectacular!
Was it a hazey day? I ask this because it looks a little washed out.
Hope you don't mind me having a little play.

DSC_0022.jpg

I played with the levels and set the shadows in the bottom left as my black point.
I then just boosted the contrast to around +10.
Added a new soft light layer, with a gradient from black to transparent in the sky area, just to boost the colors and set the opacity to 50%'ish.

Be ace to know what you think of the edit.

*just noticed that i could of added slight burning to the top of the hill to even the lighting out.

Thats great! Thanks for telling me how you did it. I was wondering how to get rid of all the haze....it was pretty bad.

The orginal is a great shot, but that edit makes it look soo much better. Very nice work, to both of you! :)

Thats great! Thanks for telling me how you did it. I was wondering how to get rid of all the haze....it was pretty bad.

Using a circular polarizer goes a long way in reducing it without photo editing depending on the angle of the sun. However since polarizers effects are based on the angle from the sun their use is often obvious in wide angle shots like this. Still I think it would have given you more detail in the original to then work with even more later in Photoshop.

Thats very cool! It was a little washed out, I like Gizmo's edit. I think you may have a spot on your sensor though.

I use circular polarizers on both my lenses, however, it doesnt seem to work very well on my Tamron 70-300mm it makes the pic about a quarter out of focus. At first it was the first one, which was delaminating, the second looks fine, but is still a bit out. don't know why, but its not the one that I need the polarizer on as much anyways. Also, I have Nik Color Effects Pro 2, which has a polarizing filter, and amazingly, does a VERY nice job. Wont take glare off water like the real thing, but does a great job with color and haze

Most reactions

Back