Moon lit bride

Can I swim against the tide and say I don't like no.1?

Sorry!

Always easier to say sorry than ask for permission!

2 is technically good and I like it but I wonder if they will understand/like it as the b&G are out of focus? As a detail shot, very cool it will look fantastic in an album

3 Like it in B/W, cool shot

4 is fantastic, love the sky, colour, framing, the bend from the lens and I bet she loves the shot

Great eye and use of the lens. Have you got many more shots to share?

If they are anywhere near these the b&G will be will chuffed and the album will be stunning - nice job.

Love #1 very nice. They are all very good, but #1 is stunning. I have taken shots like this before, but most times didn't turn out quite as planned. Is that from a single shot or did you take a shot of the couple and of the moon alone and then splice them together? If it's just one shot, what settings did you use and what kind of lighting to get the moon and them just perfect?? I am jealous :lol:

Is that from a single shot or did you take a shot of the couple and of the moon alone and then splice them together?

You caught me!:blulsh2:

Here is the original and processed one side by side
83117036.jpg
83010214.jpg

After I took the first shot I was disappointed at the lack of detail in the moon so I got out my 200mm lens and took a moon shot close up. This was then spliced into the original photo. Other than that all I did was a little dodge, burn and noise reduction here and there.

Am I cheating? Are others doing this sort of post processing?

83117036.jpg
83010214.jpg

After I took the first shot I was disappointed at the lack of detail in the moon so I got out my 200mm lens and took a moon shot close up. This was then spliced into the original photo. Other than that all I did was a little dodge, burn and noise reduction here and there.

This is what I do :lol: I just wanted to see if you were able to catch that amazing shot or if it needed editing. I feel better to know that you did it the same way I did. :)

Well I think their excellent the last one is my personal favorite it really expresses a mood. As far as the first one I think your client will appreciate the manipulation you did on it especially if you don't tell them. It will evoke a mood of a very special time and after all aren't we as wedding photographers supposed to help them relive the fond memories. I am sure the moon looked to them exactly the way it does in the manipulated image if not ten times bigger. I say kudos for having the forethought to shoot the moon better in another frame so you were able to mke this memorable image.

I think your client will appreciate the manipulation you did on it especially if you don't tell them.

I agree, I think the key is to not tell the client.:D I think a portrait photographer's job is to deliver a photo that looks as good as it can without looking fake.

I did something similar to this about 3 years ago, but it did not have a couple in the picture.

I commend you on coming clean when you were asked about it. Others with less scruples might not have come forward and told the truth.

Having said that, I think the moon looks very believable in that shot! Its very beautiful! And since you took pictures with both elements, I wouldnt consider that cheating, its just merging elements of 2 images into one.

Well done, and good job on being creative! :)

NJ

Great shots-:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back