Moon with airliner

That thing is insane! It almost looks like a photoshop (not that I'm saying it is, cause I know full well that there are lenses that big). How sensitive is that thing to shake?

rallyxe said:
*guessess* $25,000?

way, way, way off the mark... unless that's aussie dollars or something.

Anyway, I suppose I'd better tell my 'other half' about the D2x I bought in March before I tell her about this :lmao: Fotunately it all looks the same to her.

Actually that photo makes the lens look smaller than it is. Here's a shot for scale with an 80-400mm VR lens on the right, 500mm f4.5 in the middle and a large coffee mug for scale
lenses.jpg

Impressive work. Keep up the good work

it's a pleasure to see someone that shoots long and uses a nikon and nikon glass. Not that i'm against canon, but they get pretty biased sometimes about their long lenses. my guess is around $6,500 USD for that one.

oh, and sweet shot btw. welcome to tpf!

OMG... you know what?! If I win in tommorows lottery I'll buy something like that!!!!

thebeginning said:
it's a pleasure to see someone that shoots long and uses a nikon and nikon glass. Not that i'm against canon, but they get pretty biased sometimes about their long lenses. my guess is around $6,500 USD for that one.

oh, and sweet shot btw. welcome to tpf!

Thanks. I think your estimate is pretty close... ironically to replace the hood, I would have to pay nearly a 1/6th of that price... just for a bit of carbon-fibre!!

cheers,
Hawkwind

M @ k o said:
Amazing post.

Camo? Hunter?

In a way... shooting birds with a camera, not with a rifle.
I often have the end of the lens poking out through a hide/blind, and a big black blob moving around doesn't go down too well with the birds. When not in a hide/blind, I drape camo cloth over the whole lens.

cheers,
Hawkwind

Most reactions

New Topics

Back