More babies

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this little fella sitting on the railing for a long time just under a suspended feeder. Then I realized he was a baby who just wanted to go up and eat but had no idea how to handle it. He was using his tail to hang on to the wide railing, never would have handled a perch. He just stayed there until I walked up to get a profile shot, then he flew away.

1. Baby Red Bellied Woodpecker
DSC_1093babywoodpeckerresized.jpg

Found this little guy in my garage. Had to move a bunch of stuff to rescue him. I figured he got pushed out of the gourd. No tail feathers yet and wing feathers not really out. I put him in a tree and waited for mom to find him, but alas the family was gone. He's now at a nice home with a new sibling that had been found in a pool. His new nest is one of those little white ceramic cups you get a blop of butter in at a restauant.

2. Baby House Wren
BabyWren1200resized.jpg

Love all these baby bird shots you're posting!! Lovely captures of the young 'uns. (You can really see in that second shot how young it is, without the feathers fully formed)

Thank you. I think the wrens yesterday were the last of my babies to fledge. Had a yard full this year but didn't get to see many of the youngsters. It gets so quiet once they're not all yelling for their mommies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back