More from the weekend re-shoot

hesaias

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Farmhouse3W.jpg

AND.......

Old_HouseW.jpg

The second one I really cannot get a different angle on because of the location.

i don't think you need a different angle on the second one. it's a lot more appealing to me than your first shot. the only thing that disappoints me if that the front of the structure isn't a little more detailed, but there would need to be more light hitting it i would imagine. anyway, i like it a lot.

That second one is great but as Carlita said more detail and overall lighter would be great.
Maybe just a longer exposure time?

I like the second pic; if you were closer, I'd probably love it.

Getting closer would help lose a little of the white sky. I'd have the tree breaking the top edge of the frame. Closer would give us more detail. Closer might make it easier to meter for the close side. Also, closer would adjust the perspective of the roof peak line and the far tree line. I don't like how it's all one even line. I'd like the roof to break the line formed by the trees. I'd keep everything on the right side of the building, and lose a lot of the stuff on the left side.

Closer, it's my mantra.

closer, closer, closer, closer....

Lighter....Lighter.....Lighter!
Detail.....Detail......Detail!

Well, I know that photo editing on a LCD monitor (laptop) is a no no. My main monitor is down, and looking at the pics today at work, I can see the prolems. Hopefully, my good monitor will be up later this week and I can fix 'em up.

BTW, all my photos are digital, my scanner is crummy.

I hate LCD monitors.

I like #2 a lot, the left size frame is too empty and adds little IMO, should this type pic be B&W?

I am so glad to see the reshoot, I was hoping you would take more......

The first picture is nice and about as good as it can be. However the second shot is really interesting.

My comments are like the others already here. If the picture was lighter with more detail on the building it would be a really great shot. One other idea though, how about cropping the sky at the top of the tree?

Great job!!! :!: :!: :!: :shock:

you know, i'm back on my mac now and that second one looks way better on this computer than it did on the PC i was on when i saw it before. it's lighter on here, so i guess my monitor's settings are just different, but there's a lot more detail on the front of the building than was noticable on the other computer. so it's not that it isn't there, it's just that it wasn't showing.

I'm glad you re-shot! The second image is my fave of the two. The top one isn't bad, and you wisely cropped out most of that pale sky - but there's a tad too much foreground. Crop again and pull your subject into more of the frame!

Matt (ksmatt) has a good eye for composition: read his post and try these suggestions. I think there is enough light on the house to show good texture of the boards, and the colors are rich and lovely. But all that sky adds nothing to the image, and Matt's suggestion of letting the tree break the top of the frame is right on the money. You've captured the essence of the subject; tweak that composition and you'll have a winner. Nice work.

I really like the second one. Nice angle. Perhaps a little closer on a sunny day. Not sure I would like the picture in black and white as the red roof really seems to add something to the picture. Perfect picture in the fall. The bare tree with the hint of fall colors in the background is nice.

I didn't do any color or level editing, I'm still w/o my desktop and I don't trust this LCD laptop monitor, but here are the latest crop edits..

BTW, thanks for the input guys!

Farmhouse3W_copy.jpg

Old_HouseW_copy.jpg

A great improvement but I'd still like to see more detail on the second pic especially above the door.
The lighting conditions look almost identical to the first set, doesn't the sun ever shine around there?

If its overcast, I don't have to get up early to avoid the harsh rays of the noonday sun :D

I will be able to get the detail out when my PC is back up, that'll be this weekend, hopefully

Most reactions

Back