more sunrise shots

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On days when I decide to walk to work, it takes me about 1 1/4 hours. But you don't really mind it when it looks like this. My skin glowed red in the sunrise. I am thinking we get such vivid colours because of the hole in the ozone, but i am not sure.

IMG_6232.jpg

Though the walk is great, I wish i was this dude:
IMG_6224.jpg

All I can say is... WOW! I would love to see colors like this one day. I saw some pretty nice hues in Maui, but nothing like I've seen from your photos of NZ. :) Very nice work as usual!

My monitor is cr**!

Sorry, dark photos are waaaayyy too dark on my monitor and I had to save it and lighten it up in my picture programme to see that a) there's Rangotito Island in the background, and b) someone on a boat (?) on the water. With the much lighter photo, the wonderful colour effects of the intensely red morning sky were gone, though :(. It MUST be my monitor... Arrrgh! I want a new one!

as always there is wonderful coloring in those shots.

What shutter speed do you use on these to get the magic amount of time?

They are both beautiful shots, but I'd give the nod to the second one, for no other reason than the image of the canoeist gives it a little more interest, a little better composition. It is just gorgeous! :)

*jaw drops*

I absolutely adore the first one...possibly because I like the very deep shade of red. Oh my, wish I could see this every day on my drive to work.

Beautiful shots, both of them.

cheers all for your comments! Glad you enjoyed them. Its not always this red. Yesterday is was quite grey, but i was fortunate on this morning 'commute' to catch these splendid colours.

bogleric said:
as always there is wonderful coloring in those shots.

What shutter speed do you use on these to get the magic amount of time?

first shot was 1/45
1/20 propped up against the dike as my tripod is a bit too much to carry to work ;) I took 3 shots of the kayaker, this one had the least motion blur on the man.

The apperature was wide open (3.5 or 4), UV filter, ISO 400.

Most reactions

Back