More vacaton help (canadians, please click)

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so first of all, thanks to everyone who responded to my other thread about where to go.

We finally decided on Montreal. Now, we need some suggestions of things to do and see, places to go, places to eat and sleep, and anything else you can possible think about.

Thanks again.

since no one wants to help me and post here, I thought I'd bump it on up just to **** you off and make you read it again :lmao:

I KNOW you canucks are dying to post some comments...please. No really, I have to make the Girl think I've actually put some thought into this trip, so I'm beggin' ya, pretty please with sugar on top, help a brother out!!

Oy, I haven't been to Montreal in years, and even then I didn't get to see the main attractions. What I do remember though is how amazing it is just to walk through Old Montreal (http://www.vieux.montreal.qc.ca/eng/accueila.htm) as well, your friend just might be interested in the underground shopping mall. I'd also imagine the churches throughout the city would be breath taking to go through, not to mention beautiful to photograph (not certain whether they allow photos to be taken on the inside though), I personally saw the Notre-Dame Basilica.

I am certain other people will be of much more help, but by the time you are ready to go, I am certain it will more a trouble of choosing what to see and do as opposed to finding it.

Sorry, Never been to Montreal. Now if you were comming to Toronto.. you would have a flock of us to deal with.
I found you this web page tho. Hope it helps a bit. Montreal is a photographers dream. Awesome place. :thumbup:
http://www.montreal.com/

All you have to do is walk, in terms of photographs...if you get anywhere near downtown, Saint Catherine Street, etc. One definate place to go up is the Mount Royal itself, which is a giant park, really. There's pretty much millions of things to do, and there's quite a good jazz scene as well there.

With all that said, you could spend days in Old Montreal and still be seeing something new...definate go-there from me for that.

thanks everyone.

Toronto was on the list as well, but we decided that Montreal would feel more like being out of the country since they speak French and all. But Toronto is definitely on the menu.

Thanks again folks...I know I can always count of TPF!!

jocose said:
thanks everyone.

Toronto was on the list as well, but we decided that Montreal would feel more like being out of the country since they speak French and all. But Toronto is definitely on the menu.

If ya ever decide to make the trip to Toronna...I can show you all the really cool cemeteries. :lol: :lmao: :lol: ...and other creepy stuff.

haha

if language is what you're after, look no further than TO...officially the second most multi-cultural city in the world, after Miami (which is all spanish or english)....granted, English is everywhere, but there's *so* many different parts where different people went...Little Italy, Little Portugal, Little India, Greektown, etc.

So definately keep Toronto open for some future visit :)

jocose said:
thanks everyone.

Anyways... someday when you will beg oing to Toronto, take the first turn on right and pick me up... I would like to see Toronto :D

I'm going to Montreal this summer too :) I've never been before though so I can't offer much advice on what to see, but the advice I've been given is to check out what festivals and such are going on, cause Montreal always has tons of music festivals happening.

I just miss the first international Outgames, darn!

Oh, and while French is the official language of Quebec, and will be all over the place, most people in Montreal speak English, so it won't feel to foreign.

omeletteman said:
I'm going to Montreal this summer too :) I've never been before though so I can't offer much advice on what to see, but the advice I've been given is to check out what festivals and such are going on, cause Montreal always has tons of music festivals happening.

I just miss the first international Outgames, darn!

Oh, and while French is the official language of Quebec, and will be all over the place, most people in Montreal speak English, so it won't feel to foreign.

That sucks then. The whole idea was hoping for a foreign experience...we were supposed to go to Paris, but this stupid Space Shuttle and this stupid NASA prevented that from happening (oh and this stupid money).

When are you going to be in Montreal? We'll be there from July 23-27. If you're around, we should meet up for a mini photog thing...I will put the Girl in a cafe (Peanuts, I'm the one who digs shopping--she HATES it :wink: ), and we can go shooting.

There are fireworks every night until the end of July (it costs, but I figure it'll be high enough to see them from a free spot). Which reminds me that I need to post something about shooting fireworks tips.

The sites listed above, as well as http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/ are all really good ones.

Woah crazy! I'm gonna be there from the 23-28th, but technically I'm gonna be staying at my girlfriends family's cabin which is just outside of Montreal. But I want to go into the city to check it out. We should definately meet up for a mini photo excursion. The gf's can hang out or something while we take pictures.

I hadn't heard about the fireworks, that would definately be something to check out, I can only imagine we can see them from somewhere we won't have to pay

I went to Montreal on a school trip when i was like...13-14. I bought a zippo (you couldn't buy them in Ontario under 18yrs old, but you could in Montreal), and tought my class how to do zippo tricks that my Dad tought me.

I was cool for a week. It was pretty sweet.

True story.

There's a mall with a Rollercoaster in it in Montreal somewhere. Go there. It was cool. And go see Old Montreal. It's like walking though Paris. Or atleast what I might imagine Paris to be like. Cause I've never actually been to Paris.

I did spend a night in her though. Or was that the movie I downloaded....sh!t. Whatever.

bace said:
I went to Montreal on a school trip when i was like...13-14. I bought a zippo (you couldn't buy them in Ontario under 18yrs old, but you could in Montreal), and tought my class how to do zippo tricks that my Dad tought me.

I was cool for a week. It was pretty sweet.

True story.

There's a mall with a Rollercoaster in it in Montreal somewhere. Go there. It was cool. And go see Old Montreal. It's like walking though Paris. Or atleast what I might imagine Paris to be like. Cause I've never actually been to Paris.

I did spend a night in her though. Or was that the movie I downloaded....sh!t. Whatever.

Bacey... what is zippo ??? :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back