Morning light

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was sitting @ the puter this morning & looked over my shoulder out the office window @ the sun sneaking up over the horizon. I wondered if I could capture the subtle colours on the horizon & went upstairs to the balcony in just my housecoat - it was -18°C. Well, I took five shots & this one I think is the best but it does not do the view justice.

Comments welcome.

06-01.jpg

Last edited:
You may have gotten it, but a JPG at 72 dpi on a computer screen will never be able to show it. That's where a print really lets a good dSLR shine.

I think it would benefit from a little burning, thus bringing out the various hill crests some more. Also, bring out the tractor grooves in the snowey field, if you can.

Try and reshoot soon, while the weather is nice and cold, and subsequently cloudless. See if you can go a little tighter, you don't need that tree on the left. Instead it would be lovely to get more sunlight into the birch trees toward the bottom/front of the shot.

Exactly what did you see that didn't show up in the picture?

its a nice landscape, but somehow this just feels like a snapshot.

I think the trees that are close to you, could have been used to frame the scenery in the distance, but they don't. That would be my suggestion.

You may have gotten it, but a JPG at 72 dpi on a computer screen will never be able to show it. That's where a print really lets a good dSLR shine.

I think it would benefit from a little burning, thus bringing out the various hill crests some more. Also, bring out the tractor grooves in the snowey field, if you can.

Try and reshoot soon, while the weather is nice and cold, and subsequently cloudless. See if you can go a little tighter, you don't need that tree on the left. Instead it would be lovely to get more sunlight into the birch trees toward the bottom/front of the shot.

I am using free download software PhotoScape so I have limited ability to modify the pic.

I was using the tree as a frame & in another shot there was also a tree on the right. There are no birch trees so I am not sure which trees you are referring to.

Early, the light in the frosty haze had many pastel shades that are missing.

Thank guys for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back