Morro Bay

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dahlia's post;
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57751
Made me homesick to get away from home. Couldn't just drive the 200 some miles to Morro Bay, so I did the next best thing, dug up my photos.

1)
480-065.jpg

2)
480-072.jpg

3)
480-075.jpg

4)
480-076.jpg

5)
480-078.jpg

6)
480-088.jpg

7)
480-090.jpg

8)
480-091.jpg

9)
480-094.jpg

After I have seen all our other pics, these make me wonder why they are so noisy, looking so oversharpened at the same time? Was it a different (still simpler) camera? Or are they scans from prints? Is it age showing in the pictures?

I think I like the first and last best. The first is downright CUTE, no doubt, and the last has nice colours and a pleasant aura of serenity to it.

I absolutely love Morro Bay, definitely something I miss after leaving L.A.

We used to make the road trip up there at least a couple of times a year. Ahhhhh yeah, missing that place. Nice to see it again!

LaFoto said:
After I have seen all our other pics, these make me wonder why they are so noisy, looking so oversharpened at the same time?

Agree. And the colors are a bit flat. To me, it seems like the ISO is too high (you can see it on grainy sky in the last photo). Otherwise, the photos are very nice!

i noticed the grain too, but i still really like those last few with the boats... :thumbup:

Yeah, these are more snapshots than photos- thank God I didn't put them in critique! They were taken about 6 years ago (showing their age) with a Sony Mavica. The only setting I made on the camera back then was setting the white balance on hold. I have some, some where that I shot on a Nikon 990 that may be a little better quality, but these make me homesick for the place.

I have a trip planned for next (late) spring, but might try to get out there this winter. I just spent a few days at a seminar in Los Angeles listening to a couple National Geographic photographers and want to try a few new things with my d70. As well as incorporating some of these comments. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back