MOTW - Luminosity

*knocks on Lumi's door* Could we ask for a minute of your time to fill answers to some TPF questions?

Well, I know Tina has had a few things going on lately so we can bump this when she's back :) I'll pick a new MOTW tomorrow and start things a little early. It's been busy with people heading back to school and the end of summer.

Oh wow guys! :lol: Where do I begin!? MOTW huh, I feel so cool :mrgreen:

I'm so sorry I havent been on to answer questions, my future parents in law are in town and I haven't had time to scratch myself last week and this week!

hobbes28 said:
Our member of the week this week is Luminosity. Ask away. :D

How did you come up with the user name Luminosity? Do the toilets really flush in the opposite direction in Oz?

I wanted a name that had to do with light, the whole 'painting with light' thing with photography. Luminous things are infused with beauty to me, the most beautiful people I have ever met have not always been beautiful by society's 'standards' but lit from within....that's what the word means to me.

The toilets here really do flush in the opposite direction here :lol:. The canuckian had that particular religious experience when he first arrived here. My mum, stepdad and I were sitting in the backyard one night and he went to the bathroom and 5 minutes later, along with the sound of the toilet flushing, we heard...

"Fook me, it's TRUE!"

Alison said:
I know you and your fiance met online, but how did you first start talking?

There was a small photography forum that I joined before I found this one and he was a member there and he messaged me with something smart-alec-like (I totally forget exactly what he said at the time but I thought "well he's a cocky one!" :lol:

He had his photo as his avatar and I thought he was cutie and he asked to see a shot of me so I sent him one and he didnt believe it was me. I told him if I was going to send a fake pic, I'd at least send one of a totally gorgeous model :lol:. He still didn't buy it and had a webcam sent to my house (I was like " ohh grrr, there goes obscurity!" Lol. So, he was satisfied it was me after I went on cam. Then online chat turned into 5 hour phone calls each day/night until one day not long after he saw a seat sale to Australia and decided to take a chance and booked it. He turned up in Melbourne, romanced the hell out of me beyond belief and a week later went home. Three months later, I moved to Canada, armed with a Working Holiday Visa, and moved in with him.

He took me to New Orleans for my birthday in August last year and proposed and there ya have it!

GoM said:
Are you as bright as your username implies, or are you a facade; a stooge for the overarching powers-that-be that control our everyday lives; a puppet strung along by the very devices he so implies to despise?

I'm bright when I swallow lightbulbs :mrgreen:

In between, I am the shadow you make on the wall when your hands come together to make shadow-birds before you fall asleep at night :greenpbl:

EBphotography said:
Whats your favorite food?
Pets?

Congrats by the way!

Ohhhh fave food, too many to choose from! Love italian (spag bol, lasagna, insert-most-other-kinds-of-pasta-here), garlic bread, pizza, roast pumpkin and potato, MEXICAN food! Cheese, cracker and wine nights are cool too!

And thank you!

Antarctican said:
Edit:

How long were you in Canada?
What parts of Canada did you get to see while here?

Hehe, I didnt see the original question, curious as to what ya asked lol!

I was in Canada a year. I worked and lived in Toronto (mid-downtown...Davisville). I really only went as far as Niagara Falls though, as most of the year was spent workin! Which is a shame because I wanted to see so much of that beautiful country. Canada is my adopted second country now and I'm still not sure whether we will eventually move back there or not..keeping it open!

core_17 said:
Psssst! She's FROM Austrailia! :p

Lumi, When you were in Canuckia, did you get a lot of people asking you goofy austrailia questions? :p

Oh yeah! Not as much as I was expecting but when it happened it gave me giggle-material lol.

Best one I got was from a workmate. I was talking about buying an ipod nano when I got back to Australia and she asked something along the lines of "Do you guys have things like ipods, cinemas, MacDonalds and stuff that we have here?"

I answered with the usual "Well, we did only just get electricity last year, ease up, baby steps....!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back