20-35/2.8L
Fuji Velvia 100 Slide
1/60
F-16
28 mm
Cokin 160 Linear Polarizer
HP Scanjet 8200
55697759.jpg

I would have to say there is a problem with the scan or there was a colour shift in the fim because the colours are very odd. The clouds look purple and the green of the trees is way oversaturated. Did you do some post-processing? I'm viewing on a calibrated monitor.
Other than that I think the compo is good..it's a nice pic:D

JonK said:
Did you do some post-processing? I'm viewing on a calibrated monitor.
Other than that I think the compo is good..it's a nice pic:D

There was no photoshop processing. The saturation is the main purpose for shooting with Velvia film.

This scanned version doesn't come close to the projected image (but I have a fairly good slide projector). The slide projection produces an illusion of 3-D with this image. That's why I thought it significant enough to submit.

Thanks for the comments

A general "Comments please" is not enough of a question for the Critique Forum ... comments can be had in the other forums, too, so I shall move this over to Nature and Landscapes, OK?

It sure is significant - and people over there will appreciate that!!! The colour intensity is SMASHING!

SlySniper said:
Hi,
it is not that interesting. There is nothing to make it stand out.

I couldn't agree with you more. I mostly judge a photograph's level of quality according to it's level of conformity to a specific set of compositional rules. The main difference between snapshots and photographs is application of composition. Exposure and focus are important, too. But When I can recognize a composition, I feel that the image was intentional rather than a random snap of an automatic shutter/exposure. And I admit that there isn't even a hint of the most basic 'rule of thirds' rule in this image.
There's no central subject to be seen-- no eagle or buzard nor anything.
But this image reminds me of the rush and the feeling of awe, I had when I stood there and looked out upon such a beautiful creation with my own eyes. Everywhere I looked was absolutely spell-binding.

i find myself agreeing with JonK about the colors seeming oversaturated, but i would love to see the projection from the original slide, i bet it really is breathtaking!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back