Mountains Near Los Vegas

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by midnitejam, Feb 4, 2006.

1. midnitejam

midnitejam TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Comments please,

Canon F-1
    20-35/2.8L
    Fuji Velvia 100 Slide
    1/60
    F-16
    28 mm
    Cokin 160 Linear Polarizer
    HP Scanjet 8200
    [​IMG]

2. SlySniper

SlySniper TPF Noob!

Hi,

Well, this picture is nice to look at. It would be a good poster in a room, but, it is not that interesting. There is nothing to make it stand out.

3. JonK

JonK I want MORE!!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would have to say there is a problem with the scan or there was a colour shift in the fim because the colours are very odd. The clouds look purple and the green of the trees is way oversaturated. Did you do some post-processing? I'm viewing on a calibrated monitor.
    Other than that I think the compo is good..it's a nice pic:D

4. midnitejam

midnitejam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There was no photoshop processing. The saturation is the main purpose for shooting with Velvia film.

This scanned version doesn't come close to the projected image (but I have a fairly good slide projector). The slide projection produces an illusion of 3-D with this image. That's why I thought it significant enough to submit.

Thanks for the comments

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    A general "Comments please" is not enough of a question for the Critique Forum ... comments can be had in the other forums, too, so I shall move this over to Nature and Landscapes, OK?

It sure is significant - and people over there will appreciate that!!! The colour intensity is SMASHING!

6. midnitejam

midnitejam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I couldn't agree with you more. I mostly judge a photograph's level of quality according to it's level of conformity to a specific set of compositional rules. The main difference between snapshots and photographs is application of composition. Exposure and focus are important, too. But When I can recognize a composition, I feel that the image was intentional rather than a random snap of an automatic shutter/exposure. And I admit that there isn't even a hint of the most basic 'rule of thirds' rule in this image.
    There's no central subject to be seen-- no eagle or buzard nor anything.
    But this image reminds me of the rush and the feeling of awe, I had when I stood there and looked out upon such a beautiful creation with my own eyes. Everywhere I looked was absolutely spell-binding.

7. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i find myself agreeing with JonK about the colors seeming oversaturated, but i would love to see the projection from the original slide, i bet it really is breathtaking!