Moving from Nikon to Canon. Pease help

robbins.photo, I have a 70D and the touch screen is is very useful feature. When you don't want it on, you turn it off.

robbins.photo, I have a 70D and the touch screen is is very useful feature. When you don't want it on, you turn it off.
Well touchscreens and I have a pretty hostile relationship to begin with, and frankly just not a feature I would ever want. I guess my thinking is that I'm out talking pictures I want to be taking pictures, not jacking around with the menus.

The only thing I will usually access the menu for on a regular basis is to reformat the memory card.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

TO me it feels like you made up your mind to get a 70D and want us to agree with you.
If this is your dream even though you know for pure photography the D7100 has the edge then by all means go ahead and get the 70D.
You want to upgrade, why ?
D3200 is a fantastic. good, modern camera.
Let me promise you that you will not see much of an improvement no matter what you will get.

You want to get better pictures ?

Get better glass and most importantly improve your skills!!!
I cant stress enough that the true magic happened in your brain and not in the camera.

The 70D is no doubt a good camera for video taking and if you do mostly video then maybe its the camera for you, if not then stay with the D3200 or if you are really itching to upgrade then go with the D7100

I do not think you can see much different in the image after the upgrade. I meant from D3200 to 70D or to D7100, even to 5DmkIII or D800. Which system is better for you, I strongly believe you are the person who can answer that.

Will upgrading camera body helps in photography? Absolutely! When your photography is some what limited by the hardware, upgrading should help. Of course, that particular hardware may or may not be the camera body. I first started with a Canon entry level DSLR and upgraded it to a better body within a year. And the main reason was the controls. Once I know more about photography and wanted to take more photos, I really like the top display and dual wheel system Canon offers. In other words, I do not need to go through the menu to change a settings and then do that again to change it back. Yes, you can call me lazy.

Everybody has their own priorities, so it is nothing wrong to switch system or upgrading the camera body if that is what you like to do. However, understand the limitation of your currently setup may give you a better idea on what to do next. As far as your questions regarding "photo resolutions" Don't worry about it too much.

If you can wait and put the money together looking at the 5D mklll would settle all your camera needs for many years. Cameras will continue to get better, and prices for the high end gear is likely to hover around the same costs for years as well. Jumping from Nikon to Canon is simply a matter of changing names, most of the gear is similar. If you can sell off the Nikon stuff and make a few bucks to put towards the change then it will help. I considered a switch from Canon to Nikon a couple of years ago, but for me it was a $25,000 switch, and that just wasn't realistic.

Check out the Canon gear, if you can rent the bodies and use them for a day, see how they feel, it may not feel right. If it doesn't feel comfortable right away, it will never be comfortable. Find what works for you, don't over read or over think your decision, it will drive you nuts, to the point of second guessing yourself later.

I considered a switch from Canon to Nikon a couple of years ago, but for me it was a $25,000 switch, and that just wasn't realistic.

Those 600mm's are EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

OP, all kidding aside, it does sound as if you've made up your mind to switch. But I would agree with Scott about going ahead and getting the 5D mk iii and being done with it for a while. I'm at that point with my thoughts on upgrade, I am not going to be able to get one until the end of the year, so I am just waiting to see what the 7D mk ii specs are.

Most reactions

Back