Mr Nice Guy

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Did some family portraits the other day, still working on the others, This guy is in entertainment and it shows, what a ham...

Seriously its interesting how really honestly nice people translate so well into shots. I am torn because the color version is also very nice, but there is so much more interesting contrast in the B&W.

The light ratio is on purpose making some dramatic shadows

IMG_0019.jpg

Shadows cause problems including cutting off his leg at the knee.

skieur

Nice Job Thor. Killer spot too. The rock formations of background give POP.

Great shot as usual! I've been a fan for a while. Keep it up :mrgreen:

Shadows cause problems including cutting off his leg at the knee.

skieur

thanks, I saw that too, but its acceptable. noone needs to see up his inner thigh. (I hope) Since hes not a bikini model.. :lol: (some humor)

I was more worried about facial shadows, and they look acceptable in this situation..

thanks, I saw that too, but its acceptable. noone needs to see up his inner thigh. (I hope) Since hes not a bikini model.. :lol: (some humor)

I was more worried about facial shadows, and they look acceptable in this situation..

If you get more involved in portraiture, you will get a better idea of what is acceptable, but then if you are an amateur, it doesn't really matter.

skieur

Thanks for clearing up the amateurs viewpoint ! I was wondering about that.,
No seriously you crack me up sometimes.

so If I don't agree with you , then I'm just an amateur.
Gotta love the logic.

I guess we just gotta agree to disagree as I don't see how your qualified to give anyone professional advice at all.

Do you really enjoy starting arguments THAT much.

You see portraits different, fine, please stop forcing it down everyones throat.

Maybe it's just me or my comp but his face looks disjointed. I think it's the shadows playing tricks, but it bugs the hell out of me.

I think it looks really great, but I do agree that maybe a slightly different crop would work a tad better. The shadow on his leg doesn't bother me at all. I guess I'm just an amateur, too. :er:

Maybe it's just me or my comp but his face looks disjointed. I think it's the shadows playing tricks, but it bugs the hell out of me.

I think I agree somewhat, After looking more at this and the closer up (tighter) shots, I think its a cool look, but the B&W looks so much nicer in the tight shots, then in the wider shots.

This shot looks so much better in color. I think were just used to seeing beach scenes in color, I'm going to put up the color shots tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back