Muay Thai

ifilia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, first time posting here.

I was recently allowed to shoot ringside at a Muay Thai event which was... fun :wink:. I found it incredibly difficult as I'm still using the default lens that comes with the 350d and thus had to shoot at iso1600 :grumpy:.

I'm looking for any input at all regarding this shot to help with my assignment (culture magazine content).

Thanks in advance.

muaythaisu7.jpg

I really like this a lot. I am a big fan of Muay Thai and MMA fighting

Great shot...The light is very dramatic and I like how the crowd is barely visible in the back.

Thanks for the kind comments guys.
Any tips on what could improve the shot?

That was 1600ISO! WOW! When I read that, I thought, "Oh man, this is going to be grainy." But far from it! Reminds me of classic Ali pictures.
If I have to be critical about something, is that I can't see much detail in his face area. I know his gloves are up, but it would have been nice to have seen more detail especially in that area.
But great emotion in the picture, regardless. Great shot!
Doesn't make me so scared to boost my ISO now!

Awesome shot. I'm a HUGE MMA fan too and almost jumped out of my seat when I saw the thread. I definitely think you captured the scene well. As far as what to improve??? I wouldn't mess with it. It has awesome contrast... emotion... the ropes guide your site right into the fighter... awesome shot.

Shouldn't those be 4 oz gloves???? What a wuss. Haha jk. :hail: I'm sure he could kill me just by thinking about it.

Thanks again for the comments guys, really will help with my assignment.

Shouldn't those be 4 oz gloves???? What a wuss. Haha jk.

It's actually my father :lol:

This photo just blows me away!!!! I can feel his defeat in this one!!!! You truly captured a moment!!!!!! :hail:

Here is another shot from the same night.

I'm not so sure about this one, I like the shadows but I just don't feel it.

mma1tl2.jpg

OldNavy said:
I can feel his defeat in this one!!!!

He might've just won a tough fight. Sounds weird but there are plenty of fighters that cry after winning a hard fight. To me he just looks drained.

As for the new pic (there are the 4 oz'ers!!!) I think you could crop it into a portrait layout and it'd be another strong one. A BIT less emotion though so the first is still #1. Great shadows and contrast. So is the Dad connection how you're able to get these shots? Man I'd sell an arm to be able to shoot MMA events (just not my right arm... I couldn't comfortably shoot without it).

Most reactions

Back