My 2nd upload

Latina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's one of my faves I guess because it "so NY" if that makes sense. Anyway please critique. ;)

Newsstand.jpg

First, I KNOW NOTHING.

But since you said, "what do you think". And it's posted where there may be lots of folks like me are reading. I want to say some stuff about it.

You said "it's so NY". So that prompted me to think along those lines. What I noticed first is the dark canopy overhead. It sort of has unclear boundaries. I wonder if it's just me, or if it might occur to others, but it makes me think that this man has a dark cloud over his head. So many many people do. But thereunder, stands a man, leaning in so that he might better focus on something. There's a colossal amount of stuff in this kiosk. It's packed, which represents the city in terms of density. Then you have the simple round incandescent shoplight hanging up there top left, illuminating the contents of the newsstand. It's an intriguing photo. Looks like you caught someone checking you out as well, in the distance to the right. Crap...gotta go...

Thank u...this was an in depth description. U touched on some of the reasons I love this shot...the shop light, him leaning in, the way it's all packed in this "box" and even the guy who caught me.

I like the shot, but to me it is to soft for the setting. It would be more "NY" to me if it was a sharply focused photo. However, it is up to you the artist to decide which is best for your photo.

Are you using photoshop? If so I would try using the high pass filter. If you need help with that either email me or do a google search.

HTH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back