My Attempt at Hummingbirds

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally found a feeder that the woodpeckers can't spill. The hummers found it yesterday. I was able to capture this little guy shooting thru the kitchen window. This weekend I'll try setting up the tripod in the yard.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Very nice shot! :)

I do like Hummers. :stun:
Nice shot MM.

Way cool! Where did you get this feeder? The only one's I've seen are those kind with the fake plastic flower openings -- and they don't hold up.

Way cool! Where did you get this feeder? The only one's I've seen are those kind with the fake plastic flower openings -- and they don't hold up.

Thanks Ian. I got it at a little store (Pond something) on the corner of Scottsdale Rd & Shea.

Great colors...

Try upping the shutter to 1/1000 or more. You will have a better chance to freeze the wing motion.

I should mention, in my casual research, I have found that there is one camp that prefers blurred motion and the other firmly believes in stopping the action :)

I was also surprised to learn that the preferred way to freeze the wings is with flash/strobe.

Still, they are fun to shoot :)

Cheers, Don

Looks like you chose a great location for the feeder as well. That cinder block wall will provide a very non-distracting background.

Most reactions

Back