my baby before and after

symbolicart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my son Jayden shot with a P&S before his haircut.

jayd.jpg

this is after:

jayd2.jpg

these are just previews of my target for many and many pictures when i get my dslr.

i hope you like them.

When you get an SLR and want to produce images in situations like those, best also get an external flash that does not necessarily point dead-centre on the subject.

Thanks for the tip. these were just spur of the moment pics that i thought he looked cute in, i know they suck. I plan on taking much more professional setup pictures in the future.

Thanks for the tip. these were just spur of the moment pics that i thought he looked cute in, i know they suck. I plan on taking much more professional setup pictures in the future.

no, as in capturing the moment they do not suck at all! just technically they could be improved!

You should not give up on spontaneous images of your kids ... those are the ones you will like the most in 10 years time! Set-up studio like images are nice, but you not exclusively stick to them.

So for those spontaneous images to get better, you "just" need to be well trained with your cam and have it set to the right settings within a second ;) Training and patience!

well i have always had a strong interest in photography, but never had the means to go all out. I really enjoy creating art and have thousands of ideas in my head. I get frustrated when i cant translate my ideas through the cameras i have.

This is something that i feel will be a big part of my life and i plan on learning everything i need to fully utilize my efforts. thanks for the advice

I can't beleive how much older he looks with the hair cut. He has very nice eyes.
AlexB is right. You sound like me before I got my DSLR. I was so antsy to have it especially once i joined here. And then I was frustrated because i got it and couldnt figure it all out right out of the box. It takes time but its all worth it if you can learn even half of what makes a great image. :D

The people here are very helpful, sometimes seeming harsh with criticism but it's all for your own good. Your family and friends won't tell you nor will they realy know what isn't fabulous. :sexywink:

Until then have fun with the camera you have, even without all those functions you can still work on composition and things. :D

well i have always had a strong interest in photography, but never had the means to go all out. I really enjoy creating art and have thousands of ideas in my head. I get frustrated when i cant translate my ideas through the cameras i have.

This is something that i feel will be a big part of my life and i plan on learning everything i need to fully utilize my efforts. thanks for the advice

sounds so familiar - as a kid I had all these images in my head I wanted to create, but my 5yr old can draw better than I can even now, and this frustration drove me to photography.

I didnt have anything to do at the moment so I played with the first picture.. It's not better than yours, just giving you ideas about how they were saying not to put the subject in the center. :)

jayd.jpg

Most reactions

Back