My Daughter

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snapped this on a walk to the mailbox.
Everything I point the camera at her she give me a "cheese" in the cutest little voice. People without kids will never know true love.
20170916150150_IMG_4211-01.jpeg

Cute kid. Try warming the white balance - she looks a bit blue.

Thanks. Will try that now. This is my attempt at color grading.

Look better?
20170916150150_IMG_4211-01-01.jpeg

20170916145741_IMG_4175-01.jpeg
can you give me your thoughts on this? I tried framing with the tree and seen a long sweeping branch in my head and candid kind of long shot with some compression. But to me, didn't work out. This is a JPEG but have the RAW file.
It's frustrating when you know what you want to create but can put it together.
I think the open sky in the background is what was keeping me from doing what I seen.

Last edited:
20170916150616_IMG_4253-01.jpeg
this is my son.

20170916145916_IMG_4187-01.jpeg
here is another one. I sitting out in the back yard and using the wifi to send these to my phone and using Snapseed. I would rather use my strobe and control the light but they move around to much! Lol
Anyway, I see the composition and what I want in my head but it's not coming through the camera. Would like the leaves and branches to frame them and I guess I could dress them and use color harmony and them my editing skills are lacking.

I really like the one with them sitting under the tree. I'd be tempted to clone out the all grass blade behind the younger one - it looks like its growing out of her head.

The first (and the shot of your son) still seems a little blue, to me. Are you setting the WB for shade? If you are using Lightroom, use the WB eyedropper and click on something white, black or mid-range - for example the white part of the lettering in his shirt (or the white part of the flowers in her dress).

I bought a WB card but I can't fill the frame with it when I use my 135mm lens and it be in focus. I could be doing that totally the wrong way also lol. It's a group of small cards on a lanyard. Black, white and grey.. when I take the kids in I will look more on how to use that. But when I took these I used auto WB but I'm sure it's my editing that made them blue.
I got another question. I used I light meter to get my exposure for all these pictures and when I took them my camera blinks in the highlights. That shouldn't happen, right?
Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
What editor are you using?

I have a set of cards but haven't really used them. I usually try to find something in the scene to use.

What editor are you using?

I have a set of cards but haven't really used them. I usually try to find something in the scene to use.
I just transferred the JPEG to my phone and used Snapseed but I have the RAW files and will use Lightroom later on tonight on the ones that I like.

Try using the eyedropper on a white part of the scene an see what you get.

Also, update your profile to show whether it's OK, or not, for others to edit your photos.

Ok, edit away! I will try that in a bit. I'm gonna round up my kids and get them in the house.

I'm still never having kids

Most reactions

New Topics

Back