My dog... what do you think?

Baaaark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cut of the bottom of her nose on purpose. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, though. This is as wide angle as it goes. I even had a x.8 magnifier on the front.

3738224342_ddccb44b35_o.jpg

This shot isn't working for me...because of the colors of the object surrounding the dog are similar to his coloration, he's getting lost in the image.

The image lacks something...the noise in the image is killing the sharpness and I feel like there isn't enough contrast/lack of highlights.

Cute pup, but it's underexposed, composition isn't complimentary (way too close for a cute pic, not otherwise "artistic" enough to pull off the close-up), distracting elements around the dog (not the best scene).

Very cute pup, though. :)

Samanax summed up pretty good. The light is to even and the pattern in the furniture is pretty busy. I keep getting drawn to that reddish spot in the background, upper right corner.

What did they say at school? You're taking college level photography classes, right?

Thanks for the comments everyone. This noise is still there at 200 ISO!!! IT drives me crazy. Not to mention the noise filter is all the way up *grumbles*

Samanax summed up pretty good. The light is to even and the pattern in the furniture is pretty busy. I keep getting drawn to that reddish spot in the background, upper right corner.

What did they say at school? You're taking college level photography classes, right?

I wish I was taking a college-level photography class. I've never taken a class in my life. The only peer-review I get is on here. All I have is a few books and my imagination, which is obviously not all that good.

This is an Australian Cattle Dog, but I call her a Blue Heeler (you'd know why if you had one). And the red dot is, ironically enough the charger for my camera battery...lol!

BTW, I have real problems getting her photo. Cause if she's not laying down (late at night), she runs up to me and tries to lick my camera. Its impossible to get her without some blur, if I don't get these sorts of shots (on my brown carpet. :-(

btw, noise at low ISO is due to underexposure.

You're still shooting with a P&S, right? Things will get better after you upgrade to a DSLR...I think you mentioned you were getting one soon or something like that.

f2.8 1/4 sec. :-(

It's not just about the time and aperature... it's about how much light was in the room. Ironically, you would probably do better to set a higher ISO. If shooting RAW, you could also set the higher ISO and slightly overexpose and then back it down in postprocessing.

Or you could use a flash (bounce and diffuse, please) :)

i think the whole under exposure looks good in this case. the mood of the picture suits it ... but then again i'm no expert =)

f2.8 1/4 sec. :-(

It's not just about the time and aperature... it's about how much light was in the room. Ironically, you would probably do better to set a higher ISO. If shooting RAW, you could also set the higher ISO and slightly overexpose and then back it down in postprocessing.

Or you could use a flash (bounce and diffuse, please) :)

My camera has no RAW... :-(. I will try the 400 ISO next time. That's all my camera will go up to. As far as a flash... my camera has no fill flash, so it would have been a full power blast right to my pup's eyes. I wouldn't do that to her. :)

i think the whole under exposure looks good in this case. the mood of the picture suits it ... but then again i'm no expert =)

Thank you. It was admittedly a snapshot. Very spur-of-the-moment. But even if it was a snapshot, I tried using some composition basics and whatnot. Just because it was a quick idea doesn't mean I didn't think about it somewhat.

To be honest I knew things were wrong with it. Just not what exactly. I do know I always am told I have contrast issues with my photos. So I need to work on finding better spots with more range, I guess.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back