My First 4 Photos!

Shannu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Everyone!

I am a new user and I recently got interested in photography. So, here I have the first 4 "pro" pictures. So please critique, I don't mind harsh comments.

High Leap
15888808.jpg

The Passage
87385021.jpg

Beauty of Rays
94656733.jpg

Values
29590630.jpg

1. I think I'd like it better with a tighter crop. If you had gotten lower and gotten the ledge out of the frame, it'd make for a pretty cool effect. Personally though, I think this is the best of the bunch.

2. Maybe try cropping off either the left or the right. You want to try to keep the main focal points of your shot away from the middle. Do a search for Rule of Thirds if you want to know what I am talking about.

3. It's a neat shot. I personally am not a fan of lens flare, but it works in this shot. Again though, you have a big foreground element smack dab in the middle of the frame.

4. I like this shot, but then again, I like ducks. It would have been nice if you could have gotten a bit closer, either with a zoom, or cropping into them.

Sorry about the rough critique. I'm a big proponent of aggressive cropping. We have these high res cameras, but people are afraid to crop down for fear of losing resolution. Don't be afraid to crop! And keep up the good work.

Oh, cool of your pictures, especially the first one, seems it has been processed with photoshop software.Your skill are really great, though you said you are a new user. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures here.

Thanks for the comments.. I'm VERY new to photography actually, I just started 2 weeks back and these are my first 4 pictures.

Quite nice for a beginner. The Beauty of Rays shot is lovely.

I like #3 a lot. You could probably stand to increase the exposure a little, but I don't know what that would do to the sun through the leaves.

they all seem great!
but heres some constructive criticism
-the first photo in not straight, meaning the horizon is not horizontal (that can be fixed easy.
-the first photo seems dark in areas. so maybe do some touch up in Ps or aperture to bring out the colors more

other then that good work, keep on shooting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back