my first attempt......

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, ino its not much, i think its actually a weed.... but anyway, what do you think?

IMG_0016.jpg

The background is nicely blurred but it looks like some of the flower/weed is as well. I'd like to see a better angle on the flowers (or some fill light on this view)...becuase the part of the flowers that we see, are mostly in shadow. Overall a nice first effort.

You know, Rob, among the "just weeds" there are some beauties! Not all of them are like non-descript varieties of grass. There are many a wonderful flower among the wild ones! Often enough, their beauty gets totally overlooked because you can't buy them at the florist's under this or that name. I am happy to see that you honoured one of them with this photo. There may be technical issues, but... actually other than a tad too much sky at the top, I hardly see them. I just see the wonderful red against the blue sky and the filigrane structure of this "weed".

A weed is any plant somewhere were you don't want it. And sometimes the "weeds" can be the best flowers in a garden. :mrgreen:
I agree with Mike about the dof. Nice exposure, regardless. Did you reflect the light?

hi guys, i see what you mean now about the blur. i didnt notice it before. i didnt have a flash or anything, just the natural sunlight. i would like to go back again and try... thanks for all your input!!

Most reactions

Back