My first edit attempt

voodoo_child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The original was really underexposed so I downloaded gimp and played around for a while and heres what I got.
What do you think?

editsmall.jpg

edit.jpg
editsmall.jpg
I increased contrast and lightness and decreased the saturation.
Its still quite uninteresting though, can someone with some editing skills spice it up a bit?

Link to original: http://c.imagehost.org/view/0722/original.jpg

with increasing the lightness you gained noise, you could try running some noise removal too, you could try keeping the brighter part of the picture darker-in photoshop this would probably be done with layers and layermasks, not sure what the gimp equivelent is.

reg: your probably right, it was a hard shot to expose for especially since I was'nt behind the camera. The bright light was intentional btw, the rest just came out too dark.

Rachelsne: thanks for the tips. Will check out the gimp noise removal and do some research on layers too

I like it despite the noise and the darkness. If you can't get rid of it, work with it. =)

I played around with it for 20 minutes so there's a lot of things going on, most importantly NeatImage Noise reduction, which of course eliminates a lot of (already sparse) detail - nevertheless I like the shot a lot.

Here's my edit, hope you dont mind:

editsmall_filtered.jpg

It hurts my eyes and makes me squint.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back